For a long time now, high caffeine has been used to describe Ugandan coffee. Ugandan coffee consists of Robusta coffee variety. Arabica coffee beans in this country have less acidity. In most cases, the caffeinated beans are blended with other high quality coffee beans.
The Bestselling Ugandan Coffees Reviewed – October 2021
- EXTRA SMOOTH SPECIALTY COFFEE.Our California based roasters use a micro-roasting strategy. This allows us to develop profiles that bring out every flavor note contained within our top graded coffees.
- SINGLE SOURCED DIRECT TRADE ORIGIN. Tasting notes of chocolate, black tea and brown sugar
- FRESH TOP QUALITY BEANS. All coffee comes with a roast date attached for full transparency and top quality.
- MEDIUM ROAST. Our coffees are deliberately kept in the lowest stock possible, ensuring you receive the freshest roast possible.
- %100 MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Try our unique coffee experience worry free. If you don't absolutely love it, we will make it right and refund you zero questions asked.
- THE PURE SINGLE COFFEE: Northern Africa Arabica Single Coffee with notes of chocolate, freshly ground vanilla, a delicious syrup body and earthy finish perfectly roasted.
- FRESH ROASTED COFFEE: We roast our coffee each and every day to give you the freshness with just the right amount of toast.
- SMALL BATCH HAND ROASTED: We carefully hand roast every batch of our Organic Uganda Whole Beans Coffee in Central Florida and ship to all USA.
- RAINFOREST ALLIANCE (RFA) APPROVED: When you buy our coffee you're helping to build sustainability, environmental protection, social equity and economic viability. RFA guides farmers in Uganda towards sustainable farm management and give independent auditors a concrete measure by which to evaluate social and environmental improvements.
- MORE THAN JUST A COFFEE: A rare gem among specialty coffees from Sipi Falls area of Mount Elgon, on an extinct shield volcano that lies on the border of Uganda and Kenya
- Flavor Profile: Vibrant Cherry, Sweet Molasses, Rich Cocoa notes
- Fair Trade, Organic Certified Ugandan AA coffee from Bugisu region near Mount Elgon. High Elevation Bourbon & Blue Mountain Varieties.
- 100% Specialty Arabica. Premium African coffee with rich & bold & flavors. Great Espresso Green Coffee Beans.
- Roast Green Coffee Beans to Fit Taste. Medium-Dark Roast Recommended
- Packaged Fresh in 2-Ply Foil Bag with Air Valve. Perfect for Home Roasters.
- Great Testing Arabica coffee: Made of 100% roasted Arabica variety coffee with elegant aroma and a full-bodied finish
- The Original Classic Medium: Rich bodied medium roast with highly aromatic chocolate notes, hand roasted and packed in small batches.
- Quality Coffee: Hand picked beans Quality Guaranteed: 100% Arabica beans for premium quality and taste
- Suitable for all brewing methods: Medium roast Arabica Coffee beans have great balance floral notes, and sweet chocolate aftertaste for all coffee needs.
- Rich and chocolatey with profound depth flavor, medium acidity and floral notes
- YOUR NEW FAVORITE BEANS. Grown in the Bugisu region of Uganda. The beans from this region grow slower than crops from lower elevations, but they're worth the wait, since they exhibit lower acidity and excellent flavor. You'll taste a wonderful bold, earthy flavor, with delightful hints of dark chocolate.
- WHOLE BEAN, FOR FRESHNESS AND VERSATILITY. Whole beans keep their flavor longer. And you can grind any way you choose, from extra course French Press coffee to extra fine for Turkish coffee.
- 100% ARABICA COFFEE. A rare delicacy from this part of Uganda known for its Robusta beans, the flavor of our Arabica bean coffee can't be beat.
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE. 100% of Profits Provide Clean Drinking Water To Developing Countries.
- ALTITUDE: 1,250 ‐ 1,500 meters HARVEST: October ‐ January AVAILABILITY: November ‐ March REGION: West Nile, Nebbi District
- COFFEE PROCESSING: Wet Processing DRYING: Patio Drying CERTIFICATIONS: Rain Forest Alliance
- EXPORT BAG SIZE: 60kg (132.28 lbs) MAIN PRODUCING REGIONS: Arabica: Mount Elgon (East), West Nile (Northwest) and Rwenzori Mountains (Southwest)
- In the cup, Uganda’s washed coffees bring satiny body and ripe stone fruit tones, along with a delicate touch of red berry and a buttery finish. The best natural coffees feature a lush dark berry jam flavor and mouthfeel, and clean nougat-like mid tones.
- Cup notes: Full body, Medium Acidity. Flavor notes: Winey characteristics, Rich Aroma
- Uganda: Unique African coffee in the fact it has a low acidity, mild smooth chocolate tobacco cedar
- Fresh Off The Roaster: We only roast your order once the order is placed providing top premium taste
- Fast Shipping: Orders are quickly roasted & shipped (most same day: M-F with 2-5 day delivery time)
- Specialty Coffee: Our premium beans are carefully sourced for their exceptionally fine taste quality
- For Ultimate Coffee Connoisseur: Passionate roasting expertise = Perfectly developed energetic beans
- ♨️ UGANDA ROAST - Sophisticated aromatic taste of African Arabica, has a mixture of a velvety, rounded, and full-bodied flavors
- 🌎 100% SINGLE ORIGIN Arabica IN EVERY COFFEE CAPSULE - High quality single origin Arabica. Every capsule is the right choice to brew great espresso, lungo or ristretto. Small-batch roast ensures freshness, quality and extra love, care and connection.
- 🌄 SRICTLY HIGH GROWN - Coffee beans grown at higher elevations mean slower bean development, resulting in more nutrients being delivered to the coffee and therefore a more nutrient-dense bean. More nutrient density means more flavor and healthy organic compounds in the coffee
- 🌱 CORN-DERIVED BIO-CAPSULES - Keep the world green and clean, each capsule you drink is made from corn-derived natural materials, 100% plastic free
- ☕ COMPATIBLE WITH ORIGINAL LINE NESPRESSO MACHINES - Capsules were rigorously tested to be compatible with all OriginalLine Nespresso machines (not compatible with VertuoLine machines)
- ✔️ TRUSTED QUALITY AND FRESHNESS – Every box contains our fresh roast coffee capsules with only natural ingredients, all made fresh to order. In fact, we guarantee it will remain fresh or your money back.
Uganda is one of the world’s top countries that produce Robusta coffee variety. This country has highlands where it borders with Kenya around Mt Elgon. Arabica coffee beans are also grown in the northern part of the country along River Nile. Coffee growing in this country was originally controlled by the Ugandan government until 1991.
Unlike in other African countries, control and grading of coffee are done by the government under the coffee authority of Uganda.
Robusta farming in Uganda
The highly preferred Arabica coffee variety was not introduced in the country until the early 1900s. Remember that the Robusta coffee variety in Uganda is indigenous. Actually, it has been grown for centuries. It is still being grown in large quantities especially in the countries rain forest. Uganda is among the very few countries that grow Robusta as a wild coffee.
Additionally, most of the coffee beans are naturally processed. However, there have been efforts to apply advanced wet processing. This has been done through the interventions of UCDA. Uganda used to produce fine and clean Robusta coffees. Unfortunately, this did not go for long. Coffee production in Uganda consists of more than 600,000 small scale farmers.
There have emerged a replanting program that usually combines two varieties. This produces more quality coffee beans. The best thing about mixed coffee is that they mature faster. They will also give you high yields and more flavored coffee. However, these coffee beans also have the characteristics of parent beans.
This coffee also has a high resistance to crop diseases and pests. It is good to know that the quality of the Ugandan Robusta coffee is just intrinsic and very successful. This country has been trying to revive the coffee industry through the replanting initiative that has been started by the Ugandan government.
Coffee growing in Uganda has attracted the rapidly developing espresso industry. In the past, Robusta coffee beans have been used to make inexpensive coffees. You can also use these coffees to produce instant coffee cups.
Coffee producers in Uganda
Like in other East African countries, coffee farmers in Uganda do not specialize in coffee growing. They mix the coffee plants with other crops in their small farms like banana crops. For this reason, the crops are typically self-sustaining conditions naturally. Water is extracted from the forest and water gullies. Coffee growing regions have faced a lot of challenges that include poor transport. This has resulted in people living in the mountainous coffee regions adopting donkey transport. This has proved to be quite effective in coffee transportation in some coffee growing regions.
The Uganda government is trying its best to improve coffee production in Uganda. We have witnessed them providing coffee farmers with fertilizers.