The Papua New Guinea Coffee is characterized by mellow and composite flavor. Additionally, wine like taste makes this coffee popular with many coffee lovers. Papua New Guinea is an island occupying half of New Guinea Island. Coffee grown in this country is very popular in the international market. Papua New Guinea is characterized by high elevations. The excellent climate and rich volcano soil are some of the factors that make the perfect growing environs.
The Bestselling Papua New Guinea Coffees Reviewed – May 2021
- ROAST PROFILE: Medium roast Papua New Guinea coffee beans from the Sigri estate are naturally sweet, with a fruity aroma, a spicy body, and clean refreshing flavor
- LITTLE BEAN LONG JOURNEY: Each bag consists of hand-picked coffee beans, washed, dried and processed from all around the world
- STORE QUALITY: Enjoy the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf coffee you love at home with your coffee bean grinder, clean filtered water, and your coffee maker; grind beans just before brewing for optimal taste
- WHOLE BEAN COFFEE: Coffee beans retain their natural properties and result in the most flavorful coffee possible once whole beans are grinded and brewed
- BAG SIZE: Each bag contains 2 pounds of organic whole bean Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf coffee beans
- One 10 oz. bag of Gevalia Special Reserve Papua New Guinea Single Origin Medium Roast Fine Ground Coffee
- Gevalia Special Reserve Papua New Guinea Medium Roast Fine Ground Coffee provides the perfect care for the perfect cup
- Our Papua New Guinea medium roast coffee releases an aroma to fill your home
- Made from 100% Arabica coffee beans sourced exclusively from the island nation of Papua New Guinea
- All of our ground coffee bags use slow roasted, snap cooled beans to lock in flavor and aroma
- Ground Papua New Guinea coffee is perfect for French press and automatic drip brewing machines
- Every bag of medium roast ground coffee is great for those keeping Kosher
- Resealable bag of ground coffee with fresh lock tin tie retains flavor and aroma
- Our medium-bodied roast has winey undertones and a delicate finish
- BOLD & SATISFYING, SMOOTH & SWEET. This Super Smooth Coffee from Papua New Guinea has Notes of Berries and Dark Chocolate.
- SINGLE-ORIGIN FROM THE GOROKA AREA IN THE EASTERN HIGHLAND PROVINCE. Typical, Arusha, & Bourbon Varietals.
- ALL FRESH ROASTED COFFEE IS Kosher Certified, Sustainably Sourced and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in USA.
- ALL OUR COFFEES ARE ROASTED in Our Environmentally Friendly Loring Roaster to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint.
- AVAILABLE IN WHOLE BEAN AS 12 OZ, 2 LB, and 5 LB Bags.
- ☕ SMOOTH DARK ROAST WITH CHOCOLATE AND CARAMEL TONES - We dark roast this single-origin coffee to illustrate the chocolate and caramel tones. This makes an excellent cold brew coffee.
- 😝 NO PESTICIDES! We use only 100% organic certified arabica coffee whole beans, grown without chemicals or GMOs. In drinking our coffee you will only absorb beneficial antioxidants naturally found in coffee grown at high altitudes.
- 🐦 PEACE OF MIND! Our coffee is grown by socially and environmentally responsible farmers. They treat their workers well and protect native species habitats.
- 🤩 WHOLE BEAN IS BETTER! We only package whole bean coffee for the best flavor and so you may grind your coffee for any brewer - regular drip, pour over, French press, espresso etc...
- 👨👩👧👦 FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED! We want you to be happy! If you are not satisfied with your coffee please contact us so we can make it right!
- Papua New Guinea medium roast has balanced body, rich flavor, and medium acidity
- Medium Roast coffees has a fuller body appearance, with a blended balance of acidity and body that begins to give away to the aromas
- Certified Organic by CCOF and USDA; 100% Arabica beans roasted in the USA; bag of one 16-ounce bag
- Coffee beans are hand roasted in small batches to ensure the freshest coffee possible
- Store coffee in an airtight container away from light, heat, and moisture; 2 tablespoons of fresh ground coffee per 6-ounce filtered water
- Papua New Guinea Coffee displays a pungent, mango and papaya fruitiness in the aroma with a clean full-bodied flavor and is sweet and floral.
- Seedlings are from Jamaican Blue Mountain that recall the original flavor.
- Medium roasted whole beans allowing the true flavor characteristic to come through for a remarkable taste.
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed.
- BOLD & SATISFYING, SMOOTH & SWEET. This Super Smooth Coffee from Papua New Guinea has Notes of Berries and Dark Chocolate and Rounds Out with a Remarkably Clean Finish.
- SINGLE-ORIGIN FROM THE GOROKA AREA IN THE EASTERN HIGHLAND PROVINCE. Typical, Arusha, & Bourbon Varietals, Grown 1,400-2,400 meters ASL. Wet Processing and Raised Bed Drying.
- ALL FRESH ROASTED COFFEE is OU Kosher Certified and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in the USA. Our Coffee is Roasted on Loring (tm) Smart Roasters to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint and Provide Superior Flavor.
- FRESH ROASTED COFFEE PODS ARE RECYCLABLE/COMPOSTABLE. Fresh Roasted Coffee Nitrogen Flushes Every Coffee Pod to Keep Your Coffee at its Freshest.
- 100% ARABICA COFFEE AVAILABLE IN 18 Count or 72 Count Single-Serve Cups Compatible with K-Cup Brewers including 2.0 Machines.
- Wild-grown, PSC Grade A, Direct Trade, highest-altitude PNG beans from Morobe Province
- 3-time top seller in green unroasted bean category (for home roasters) - NEW, now available roasted
- Shaded, volcanic, rainforest soil, small shareholder farms pick from wild-growing plants with natural shade (natural organic)
- Registered exporter, origin certified
- Jamaica Blue Mountain seed stock planted circa 1950; smooth, high body, low acidity
- Duke University Press
- West, Paige (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 02/10/2012 (Publication Date) - Duke University Press Books (Publisher)
- SUSTAINABLE COFFEE SOURCING: Copper Moon Coffee has created our own globally sustainable coffee bean sourcing program focusing outwardly to achieve a positive social, economic, and environmental impact. We search for beans at high elevation, low elevation, organic, single origin coffee beans from small family owned farms in attempt to enhance the wellbeing of the family and farm. Our goal is to bring you the freshest coffee for you to proudly brew and serve.
- HAND CRAFTED ON EARTH: Copper Moon Coffee's handcrafted process begins with premium specialty grade coffee beans sourced from 5 continents and 17 different countries. We small batch roast the beans to ensure we bring out the best aroma and flavors in each and every coffee we offer. Whether you enjoy light roast, medium roast or dark roast, each sip of a cup of Copper Moon Coffee embodies a singular & delightful event, the perfect blend of fresh beans and careful roasting.
- COPPER MOON COFFEE SINGLE SERVE PODS: Copper Moon Coffee allergen free, Kosher certified K-Cups are single batch prepared and perfect for coffee lovers on the go who need the convenience of single serve brewing. Designed for compatibility with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 K-Cup brewing systems.
- Truly satisfying every time with single serve cups designed to work in all Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 brewers
- Grown in the Waghi Valley in Papua New Guinea at an elevation of 1400 - 1800 meters. This single origin coffee is roasted to bring out notes of dark chocolate, orange and caramel with a creamy medium body and very clean finish.
Coffee was first introduced in the country in the 19th century. Papua New Guinea has faced a lot of problems to become one of the best coffee producers in the world. As for now, this country is ranked number 17 as a coffee exporter in the world.
Coffee flavor profile
You cannot be able to predict the taste of this coffee. It is not only mildly acidic but also sweet. If you have tasted this coffee, then you can attest that the after taste is very deep and lowly key. As you plan to purchase this coffee, you should be guaranteed that it is fruiter with papaya and mango notes.
In general, we can describe the flavor as brighter and less earthly. This makes this coffee unique from the rest.
Most of the coffee producers in Papua New Guinea are small scale. The best thing about coffee growing in this country is that only varied coffee beans are grown. The coffee beans are later processed using any method. Coffee growing in Papua New Guinea has several characteristics. The most notable characteristic is that coffees are grown all the way towards mid-summer. You will also find coffee being grown in late spring.
The washing method is the main processing method used in Papua New Guinea. However, the processing methods may vary with different farmers. Large scale plantations prefer using this method simply because it results in uniform and good quality coffee.
Factors affecting coffee growing
More than three million people in Papua New Guinea mainly depend on coffee. Poor transport is one of the challenges that face coffee farmers. This makes the coffee growing areas less accessible. In the last couple of years, there have been complaints about people stealing coffee beans from coffee factories since the coffee growing regions are very remote.
Most farmers in this country do not fully depend on coffee to survive. That is why there is no pressure of engaging in large scale coffee farming. Recently, we have witnessed farmers receiving good coffee returns. This has led to great improvement in coffee bean processing methods. The government is also giving farmers education on how to produce high end and great yields. The main reason why the government has taken this route is to maximize on the farmers returns.
Espresso and French press have emerged as the best ways to brew Papua New Guinea coffees.
Although the coffee industry is facing a lot of challenges, Papua New Guinea is still one of the best coffee producers in the world.