The Papua New Guinea Coffee is characterized by mellow and composite flavor. Additionally, wine like taste makes this coffee popular with many coffee lovers. Papua New Guinea is an island occupying half of New Guinea Island. Coffee grown in this country is very popular in the international market. Papua New Guinea is characterized by high elevations. The excellent climate and rich volcano soil are some of the factors that make the perfect growing environs.
The Bestselling Papua New Guinea Coffees Reviewed – October 2021
- BOLD & SATISFYING, SMOOTH & SWEET. This Super Smooth Coffee from Papua New Guinea has Notes of Berries and Dark Chocolate.
- SINGLE-ORIGIN FROM THE GOROKA AREA IN THE EASTERN HIGHLAND PROVINCE. Typical, Arusha, & Bourbon Varietals.
- ALL FRESH ROASTED COFFEE IS Kosher Certified, Sustainably Sourced and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in USA.
- ALL OUR COFFEES ARE ROASTED in Our Environmentally Friendly Loring Roaster to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint.
- AVAILABLE IN WHOLE BEAN AS 12 OZ, 2 LB, and 5 LB Bags.
- Organic Papua New Guinea: This medium dark roast Papua New Guinea coffee beans from the Sigri estate are naturally sweet, with a fruity aroma, a spicy body, and clean refreshing flavor
- Whole Coffee Beans: Our single origin coffee beans are perfect for your French press, coffee maker, espressos and making cold brew at home; Each coffee allows for a balanced flavor profile and captures the unique flavor characteristics of each bean
- Hand Selected: Our whole bean coffees are directly sourced, hand selected and then expertly roasted from the top 1% of specialty grade Arabica coffee beans from small farms around the world
- Good Coffee Quickly: Enjoy our quality coffees at home, school, office or during your travels; Choose from whole bean, ground, organic, or flavored coffees in a variety of roasts, also check out our single serve coffee capsules too
- Born and Brewed in Southern California: Since 1963, The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is known for expertly roasted coffees and hand blended teas from the best resources in the world
- Smooth Dark Roast with Chocolate and Carmel Tones - We dark roast this single-origin coffee to illustrate the chocolate and caramel tones. This makes an excellent cold brew coffee.
- No Pesticides! We use only 100% organic certified arabica coffee whole beans, grown without chemicals or GMOs. In drinking our coffee you will only absorb beneficial antioxidants naturally found in coffee grown at high altitudes.
- Peace of Mind! Our coffee is grown by socially and environmentally responsible farmers. They treat their workers well and protect native species habitats.
- Whole Bean is Better! We only package whole bean coffee for the best flavor and so you may grind your coffee for any brewer - regular drip, pour over, French press, espresso etc...
- Family Owned and Operated! We want you to be happy! If you are not satisfied with your coffee please contact us so we can make it right!
- One 10 oz. bag of Gevalia Special Reserve Papua New Guinea Single Origin Medium Roast Fine Ground Coffee
- Gevalia Special Reserve Papua New Guinea Medium Roast Fine Ground Coffee provides the perfect care for the perfect cup
- Our Papua New Guinea medium roast coffee releases an aroma to fill your home
- Made from 100% Arabica coffee beans sourced exclusively from the island nation of Papua New Guinea
- All of our ground coffee bags use slow roasted, snap cooled beans to lock in flavor and aroma
- Ground Papua New Guinea coffee is perfect for French press and automatic drip brewing machines
- Every bag of medium roast ground coffee is great for those keeping Kosher
- Resealable bag of ground coffee with fresh lock tin tie retains flavor and aroma
- Our medium-bodied roast has winey undertones and a delicate finish
- Bean is sweet-toned, delicate aroma with butter notes and hints of chocolate and Mediterranean spice; when roasted full medium this coffee exhibits a savory hint of orange and a spicy, tannic finish.
- Fresh Roasted Each Morning & Shipped in the Afternoon! Even sweeter in the cup, still delicate but rich.
- Quietly complex with distinct floral notes and a crisp, subtle fruit that suggests Riesling table wine or perhaps black currant.
- The fruit notes turn toward cocoa in the long, continuing sweet finish.
- Papua New Guinea produces some of the most rich, full bodied and intense cups on the planet.
- Papua New Guinea medium roast has balanced body, rich flavor, and medium acidity
- Medium Roast coffees has a fuller body appearance, with a blended balance of acidity and body that begins to give away to the aromas
- Certified Organic by CCOF and USDA; 100% Arabica beans roasted in the USA; bag of one 16-ounce bag
- Coffee beans are hand roasted in small batches to ensure the freshest coffee possible
- Store coffee in an airtight container away from light, heat, and moisture; 2 tablespoons of fresh ground coffee per 6-ounce filtered water
- 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍: Sigri Estate employs a medium-density shade strategy that employs two types of shade trees. This is the preferred farm practice because it promotes even ripening of the coffee cherries, allows the coffee cherries to develop more slowly which creates richer and more complex flavors. So, experience a rich, elegant aroma with a full-bodied finish for yourself and stay vibrant.
- 𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐘 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐇: Our coffee is naturally low-Ph with a Ph of 5.31. For those with sensitive digestive systems or those who just like a smooth cup of coffee, these beans deliver one of the smoothest cups of coffee you'll find!
- 𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐇𝐘 𝐂𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐄: Our coffees contain rich, bountiful amounts of the beneficial antioxidant CGA. CGA has been known to promote heart health, various aspects of brain function including memory, mood, vigilance, energy levels, reaction times, and general mental function. What's more, these coffees also tend to improve physical performance. Our coffee has undergone third-party environmental lab testing and the test came back clean for every item on the screen.
- 𝐄𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐋𝐘: Our coffees use the best ethically sourced, organically grown, and shade-grown beans paired with master roasting expertise to create great-tasting coffee. These coffees are organic compliant, fair trade, kosher, and shade-grown. The shade trees filter greenhouse gases which helps reduce global warming and aids in soil moisture retention which minimizes erosion.
- 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐑: Our coffees are carefully crafted using 100% Papua New Guinea Coffee Bean for world-renowned quality and taste. The beans are masterfully roasted to preserve the peak of the aroma and flavor. To put this to the test, we submitted our coffee to the coveted "Coffee Review." Our coffee was awarded a 92 point score, which is one of the highest scores they have ever awarded to a Papua New Guinea coffee.
- BOLD & SATISFYING, SMOOTH & SWEET. This Super Smooth Coffee from Papua New Guinea has Notes of Berries and Dark Chocolate and Rounds Out with a Remarkably Clean Finish.
- SINGLE-ORIGIN FROM THE GOROKA AREA IN THE EASTERN HIGHLAND PROVINCE. Typical, Arusha, & Bourbon Varietals, Grown 1,400-2,400 meters ASL. Wet Processing and Raised Bed Drying.
- ALL FRESH ROASTED COFFEE is OU Kosher Certified and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in the USA. Our Coffee is Roasted on Loring (tm) Smart Roasters to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint and Provide Superior Flavor.
- FRESH ROASTED COFFEE PODS ARE RECYCLABLE/COMPOSTABLE. Fresh Roasted Coffee Nitrogen Flushes Every Coffee Pod to Keep Your Coffee at its Freshest.
- 100% ARABICA COFFEE AVAILABLE IN 18 Count or 72 Count Single-Serve Cups Compatible with K-Cup Brewers including 2.0 Machines.
- PREMIUM FRESH ROASTED COFFEE- All of our coffee must meet the highest standard. We strive in bringing the freshest coffee possible directly to you. Always bagged and shipped within 48 hours of roasting!
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC PAPUA NEW GUINEA MEDIUM ROAST - Known for its richness and crisp, clean finish, Papua New Guinea medium roast coffee gives you delicious chocolaty tones.
- FLAVOR - Enjoy distinct chocolaty tones with hints of cocoa, dried fruit, and brown sugar with a crisp clean finish from our organic Papua New Guinea coffee.
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC, SHADE GROWN, AND FAIR TRADE CERTIFIED - In addition to paying above the Fair Trade standard for the beans, we also give $1 per shipment to Agros International. When you buy our beans you are changing a farmer's future!
- PRIDE AND SATISFACTION IN PERFECTING EVERY ROAST - 30 day money back guarantee if you are in ANY way unsatisfied with our coffee!
- SUSTAINABLE COFFEE SOURCING: Copper Moon Coffee has created our own globally sustainable coffee bean sourcing program focusing outwardly to achieve a positive social, economic, and environmental impact. We search for beans at high elevation, low elevation, organic, single origin coffee beans from small family owned farms in attempt to enhance the wellbeing of the family and farm. Our goal is to bring you the freshest coffee for you to proudly brew and serve.
- HAND CRAFTED ON EARTH: Copper Moon Coffee's handcrafted process begins with premium specialty grade coffee beans sourced from 5 continents and 17 different countries. We small batch roast the beans to ensure we bring out the best aroma and flavors in each and every coffee we offer. Whether you enjoy light roast, medium roast or dark roast, each sip of a cup of Copper Moon Coffee embodies a singular & delightful event, the perfect blend of fresh beans and careful roasting.
- COPPER MOON COFFEE SINGLE SERVE PODS: Copper Moon Coffee allergen free, Kosher certified K-Cups are single batch prepared and perfect for coffee lovers on the go who need the convenience of single serve brewing. Designed for compatibility with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 K-Cup brewing systems.
- Truly satisfying every time with single serve cups designed to work in all Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 brewers
- Grown in the Waghi Valley in Papua New Guinea at an elevation of 1400 - 1800 meters. This single origin coffee is roasted to bring out notes of dark chocolate, orange and caramel with a creamy medium body and very clean finish.
Coffee was first introduced in the country in the 19th century. Papua New Guinea has faced a lot of problems to become one of the best coffee producers in the world. As for now, this country is ranked number 17 as a coffee exporter in the world.
Coffee flavor profile
You cannot be able to predict the taste of this coffee. It is not only mildly acidic but also sweet. If you have tasted this coffee, then you can attest that the after taste is very deep and lowly key. As you plan to purchase this coffee, you should be guaranteed that it is fruiter with papaya and mango notes.
In general, we can describe the flavor as brighter and less earthly. This makes this coffee unique from the rest.
Most of the coffee producers in Papua New Guinea are small scale. The best thing about coffee growing in this country is that only varied coffee beans are grown. The coffee beans are later processed using any method. Coffee growing in Papua New Guinea has several characteristics. The most notable characteristic is that coffees are grown all the way towards mid-summer. You will also find coffee being grown in late spring.
The washing method is the main processing method used in Papua New Guinea. However, the processing methods may vary with different farmers. Large scale plantations prefer using this method simply because it results in uniform and good quality coffee.
Factors affecting coffee growing
More than three million people in Papua New Guinea mainly depend on coffee. Poor transport is one of the challenges that face coffee farmers. This makes the coffee growing areas less accessible. In the last couple of years, there have been complaints about people stealing coffee beans from coffee factories since the coffee growing regions are very remote.
Most farmers in this country do not fully depend on coffee to survive. That is why there is no pressure of engaging in large scale coffee farming. Recently, we have witnessed farmers receiving good coffee returns. This has led to great improvement in coffee bean processing methods. The government is also giving farmers education on how to produce high end and great yields. The main reason why the government has taken this route is to maximize on the farmers returns.
Espresso and French press have emerged as the best ways to brew Papua New Guinea coffees.
Although the coffee industry is facing a lot of challenges, Papua New Guinea is still one of the best coffee producers in the world.