Bright and wine acidity are some of the characteristics that have been used to describe the highly preferred Kenyan coffee. Besides the mouthwatering aroma, the Kenyan coffee boasts of a sweet taste. It boasts of a unique tropical taste that everyone will definitely love.
The Bestselling Kenya Coffees Reviewed – October 2021
- A medium roast coffee that delivers an elegantly complex and balanced cup of coffee featuring notes of sweet lemon and smooth cocoa texture
- Exceptional whole bean coffee sourced from premier growing locations
- Contains only premium Arabica coffee beans
- Expertly blended and roasted to bring out the distinct flavors each premier growing region is known for
- Experience a world of flavor that takes you places
- One 10 oz. bag of Gevalia Kenyan Single Origin Special Reserve Fine Ground Coffee
- Brought to you by Whole Foods Market
- Specialty whole bean coffee
- Light roast
- Red wine, blackberry, currant
- KENYAN COFFEES ARE KNOWN FOR THEIR BRIGHT, SWEET, AND BALANCED FLAVOR And Our Kenyan AA Coffee Is No Different. With Notes of Peach Blossom, Orange Zest, and Black Tea.
- SINGLE-ORIGIN FROM KENYA. Medium-Dark Roast. SL28, SL34, Ruiri 11 Varietals. Full Washed Processed & Dried On Raised Beds.
- ALL FRESH ROASTED COFFEE IS Kosher Certified, Sustainably Sourced and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in USA.
- ALL OUR COFFEES ARE ROASTED in Our Environmentally Friendly Loring Roaster to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint.
- AVAILABLE IN WHOLE BEAN AS 12 OZ, 2 LB, and 5 LB Bags.
- Kenya AA: Savory, grapefruit like acidity, satiny mouthfeel impressively round & full, black currant
- Fresh Off The Roaster: We only roast your order once the order is placed providing top premium taste
- Fast Shipping: Orders are quickly roasted & shipped (most same day: M-F with 2-5 day delivery time)
- Specialty Coffee: Our premium beans are carefully sourced for their exceptionally fine taste quality
- For Ultimate Coffee Connoisseur: Passionate roasting expertise = Perfectly developed energetic beans
- Whole Bean Coffee
- Kenya Coffee
- KENYAN AA WHOLE BEAN COFFEE: Fresh roasted coffee beans Kenya, Africa. AA graded beans are considered to be one of the world’s best coffee beans. Grown at elevations higher than 6,600 feet means the beans grow slower, providing more nutrients & allowing them to develop their flavors. Known for consistently rich fruit and berry flavor, a deep, wine-like acidity, and pleasing aroma, this coffee is full-bodied, bold and juicy.
- SPECIALTY GRADE COFFEE: Screen 18 refers to the sorting screen used to differentiate size/quality of coffee beans. Coffee grown at higher elevations produce larger and denser beans that contribute to superior tasting coffee. We only source SCREEN 18 beans to deliver the best, carefully crafted cup of gourmet coffee.
- MEDIUM – DARK ROAST: Our 100% Arabica specialty coffee beans are roasted to a delicious medium – dark level to bring out each bean’s unique flavor.
- 1 LB BAG: Premium kraft coffee bag with de-gassing filter for optimal freshness. The thick foil-lined bag ensures your roasted beans stay fresh!
- FRESHLY ROASTED IN MIAMI, FL – Screen 18 Crafted Coffee is roasted & packed in small batches to ensure freshness. Our company was founded in 1945 and our legacy spans three generations of pride, heritage, expertise, and tradition.
- 100% Pure Kenya AA Coffee: With a rich body, pleasant vibrant acidity, fragrant aroma and flavor notes of raspberry, cranberry, fresh-cut redwood, alyssum-like flowers in aroma and cup.
- Flavor Notes: Raspberry, Cranberry, Fresh-cut Redwood, and Alyssum-like Flowers
- Roast Profile: Medium/Light roasted whole beans allowing the true flavor characteristic to come through for a remarkable taste.
- Highest Grade: The "AA" grade marks out the very largest beans that naturally contain the largest amount of aromatic oils that are so integral to the coffee-drinking experience
- Freshly Roasted: We fresh roasted then immediately packed and sealed to assure freshness.
- A Taste Of Kenya: Made from the highest quality AA grade coffee, our Kenya Single-Origin Coffee gives you a taste of the best Kenya has to offer. This unique coffee blend features a pleasantly bright acidity, citrus & berry undertones and a winey finish.
- Roasted To Order: We use Our coffee beans are carefully selected and roasted in small batches to ensure that you get the freshest coffee delivered straight to your door.
- Whole Bean & Ground: Our coffee is available in whole bean & ground so you can brew it in a drip or French press coffee maker, or make a cup of pour over or cold brew.
- Keto & Vegan Friendly: Flavor without compromise! Our gourmet coffee flavors provide a rich and exceptionally smooth taste without added sugar.
- 100% Arabica Beans Our Brazilian coffee beans are Fair Trade, and each batch is roasted and packed in the U.S.A.
- The Starbucks Verismo brewing system makes it easy to craft an endless variety of your favorite Starbucks beverages with the touch of a button, from high-quality brewed coffee to authentic espresso beverages
- Compatible with the Verismo system by Starbucks. Not compatible with other single-serve brewing platforms
- Kenya Espresso has unmistakable grapefruit and black currant notes. Delicious served over ice
- Starbucks Verismo pods are made with high-quality arabica coffee beans that are roasted, ground and quickly packed
- Package includes six boxes of 12 Starbucks Kenya Espresso Single-Serve Verismo Pods
It is no secret that Kenya produces one of the best and most popular coffees in the whole world. Additionally, this coffee is considered as one of the very few high end good quality coffee in the market. Kenya is blessed with good environmental conditions that favor the growing of high quality coffee. In Kenya, coffee thrives well on the slopes of Mt. Kenya and Aberdare ranges.
Coffee is also grown in counties along Mt. Elgon. Although the government has put a lot of extensive procedures, most coffee farmers in Kenya are still struggling with low prices. This happens as a result of long procedures. Some of the things that have been associated with low prices include poor grading, marketing and selling.
The flavor of the Kenyan Coffee
Kenyan coffee is popular in the international arena because of its deep and well balanced taste. If you have been lucky to taste this coffee, then you can agree with me that indeed it tastes more like wine. Most of the coffee beans that come from this country are grown in high elevations areas. That is why they have a high amount of acid.
Coffee beans can either be black current or tart citrus. Additionally, they are finished. They will provide you with a great and unique taste. It is for this reason that Kenyan coffee is favorite to many and highly prized.
Conditions that favor the growth of Kenyan Coffee
The popular Arabica Kenyan coffee variety is grown in volcanic soils. There have been claims that the world finest Arabica coffee is grown in Kenya. Additionally, Kenya has moderate temperatures. Furthermore, rainfall is well balanced for the whole year. The average amount of rainfall in regions where coffee is grown in Kenya is about 1000 millimeters in a year.
The soils around Mt. Kenya regions are loamy and deep. They do not retain water for long. Keep in mind that these are the perfect conditions for coffee to thrive. Coffee plantations in Kenya are characterized by gentle soft edged ridges. The terrain in these areas is not too steep. You will find swift perennial streams in these coffee plantations.
Processing of Coffee in Kenya
Wet processing is the most common method of processing coffee in Kenya. This processing method is responsible for the finest coffee beans. Additionally, harvesting coffee in this country is done by the use of hands. Only well ripen coffee beans are picked. The sugary coating in the coffee beans is removed using the fermentation process. This process takes around three hours.
Kenya Coffee Board is responsible to regulate and access the quality of coffee beans. The process of accessing and analyzing the quality of coffee is done through coffee grower representation. From there, a marketing decision is reached.