Bright and wine acidity are some of the characteristics that have been used to describe the highly preferred Kenyan coffee. Besides the mouthwatering aroma, the Kenyan coffee boasts of a sweet taste. It boasts of a unique tropical taste that everyone will definitely love.
The Bestselling Kenya Coffees Reviewed – May 2021
- A medium roast coffee that delivers bright and balanced flavor with notes of tropical fruit and brown sugar
- Exceptional whole bean coffee sourced from premier growing locations
- Contains only premium Arabica coffee beans
- Expertly blended and roasted to bring out the distinct flavors each premier growing region is known for
- Experience a world of flavor that takes you places
- 10 oz. bag
- Contains deep berry tones
- Made with Arabica perfect roasted beans
- Made with natural Arabica perfect roasted beans
- Gevalia Kenya Ground Coffee has flavorful taste
- Brought to you by Whole Foods Market
- Specialty whole bean coffee
- Light roast
- Red wine, blackberry, currant
- Whole Bean Coffee
- Kenya Coffee
- BRAND STORY: The mountains are a special place. It's where Green Mountain Coffee Roasters was born. It's where we developed our adventurous spirit and commitment to improving the lands through sustainably sourced coffee. We're driven to bring the world a richer, better cup of coffee. Be bold. Be alive. Grab a cup and get out there.
- TASTE: Take a trip from the shores of Lake Victoria to the slopes of Mt. Kenya with Kenya Highlands. The farmers here patiently nurture their trees to produce a full-bodied coffee with winey fruit flavors and a rich blackberry finish.
- ROAST: Medium roast, 100% Arabica caffeinated coffee and is certified Orthodox Union Kosher (U)
- SUSTAINABILITY: Committed to 100% responsibly sourced coffee by end of 2020
- COMPATIBILITY: Contains genuine Keurig K-Cup pods, engineered for guaranteed quality and compatibility with all Keurig K-Cup coffee makers
- KENYAN COFFEES ARE KNOWN FOR THEIR BRIGHT, SWEET, AND BALANCED FLAVOR And Our Kenyan AA Coffee Is No Different. With Notes of Peach Blossom, Orange Zest, and Black Tea.
- SINGLE-ORIGIN FROM KENYA. Medium-Dark Roast. SL28, SL34, Ruiri 11 Varietals. Full Washed Processed & Dried On Raised Beds.
- ALL FRESH ROASTED COFFEE IS Kosher Certified, Sustainably Sourced and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in USA.
- ALL OUR COFFEES ARE ROASTED in Our Environmentally Friendly Loring Roaster to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint.
- AVAILABLE IN WHOLE BEAN AS 12 OZ, 2 LB, and 5 LB Bags.
- KENYAN AA (GROUND): 16 oz (1 LB) Bag of Kenyan AA 100% Arabica ground coffee. AA graded beans are considered to be one of the world’s best coffee beans. Grown at elevations higher than 6,600 feet means the beans grow slower, providing more nutrients & allowing them to develop their flavors.
- ROAST PROFILE: Medium/Dark Roasted. This special bean is known for its consistently rich fruit/berry flavor, a deep wine-like acidity, and pleasant aroma. Full-bodied, bold, & juicy.
- SCREEN 18 CRAFTED COFFEE: Screen 18 refers to the sorting screen used to differentiate size/quality of green coffee beans. Coffee grown at higher elevations produce larger and denser beans that contribute to superior tasting coffee. We only source SCREEN 18 beans to deliver the best, carefully crafted cup of coffee.
- FRESHLY ROASTED: Our coffee is freshly roasted in small batches to ensure superior taste & quality.
- COLONIAL COFFEE ROASTERS: Founded in 1945 in Miami Florida, our legacy spans three generations of pride, heritage, expertise, & tradition. We are expert coffee roasters and we sell all our coffee lines on Amazon: Caffe Contempo, Colonial Coffee, & Screen 18!
- 100% Pure Kenya AA Coffee Beans with a rich body, pleasant vibrant acidity, fragrant aroma and flavor notes of raspberry, cranberry, fresh-cut redwood, alyssum-like flowers in aroma and cup.
- Medium/Light roasted whole beans allowing the true flavor characteristic to come through for a remarkable taste.
- The "AA" grade marks out the very largest beans that naturally contain the largest amount of aromatic oils that are so integral to the coffee-drinking experience
- The highest grade of Kenyan coffee and considered to be one of the best Arabica coffees in the world.
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed.
- Full bodied and fruity with a rich blackberry finish.
- Medium roast, caffeinated coffee
- Fair Trade Certified
- 100% Arabica coffee
- Certified Orthodox Union Kosher (U)
It is no secret that Kenya produces one of the best and most popular coffees in the whole world. Additionally, this coffee is considered as one of the very few high end good quality coffee in the market. Kenya is blessed with good environmental conditions that favor the growing of high quality coffee. In Kenya, coffee thrives well on the slopes of Mt. Kenya and Aberdare ranges.
Coffee is also grown in counties along Mt. Elgon. Although the government has put a lot of extensive procedures, most coffee farmers in Kenya are still struggling with low prices. This happens as a result of long procedures. Some of the things that have been associated with low prices include poor grading, marketing and selling.
The flavor of the Kenyan Coffee
Kenyan coffee is popular in the international arena because of its deep and well balanced taste. If you have been lucky to taste this coffee, then you can agree with me that indeed it tastes more like wine. Most of the coffee beans that come from this country are grown in high elevations areas. That is why they have a high amount of acid.
Coffee beans can either be black current or tart citrus. Additionally, they are finished. They will provide you with a great and unique taste. It is for this reason that Kenyan coffee is favorite to many and highly prized.
Conditions that favor the growth of Kenyan Coffee
The popular Arabica Kenyan coffee variety is grown in volcanic soils. There have been claims that the world finest Arabica coffee is grown in Kenya. Additionally, Kenya has moderate temperatures. Furthermore, rainfall is well balanced for the whole year. The average amount of rainfall in regions where coffee is grown in Kenya is about 1000 millimeters in a year.
The soils around Mt. Kenya regions are loamy and deep. They do not retain water for long. Keep in mind that these are the perfect conditions for coffee to thrive. Coffee plantations in Kenya are characterized by gentle soft edged ridges. The terrain in these areas is not too steep. You will find swift perennial streams in these coffee plantations.
Processing of Coffee in Kenya
Wet processing is the most common method of processing coffee in Kenya. This processing method is responsible for the finest coffee beans. Additionally, harvesting coffee in this country is done by the use of hands. Only well ripen coffee beans are picked. The sugary coating in the coffee beans is removed using the fermentation process. This process takes around three hours.
Kenya Coffee Board is responsible to regulate and access the quality of coffee beans. The process of accessing and analyzing the quality of coffee is done through coffee grower representation. From there, a marketing decision is reached.