Bright and wine acidity are some of the characteristics that have been used to describe the highly preferred Kenyan coffee. Besides the mouthwatering aroma, the Kenyan coffee boasts of a sweet taste. It boasts of a unique tropical taste that everyone will definitely love.
The Bestselling Kenya Coffees Reviewed – August 2021
- A medium roast coffee that delivers an elegantly complex and balanced cup of coffee featuring notes of sweet lemon and smooth cocoa texture
- Exceptional whole bean coffee sourced from premier growing locations
- Contains only premium Arabica coffee beans
- Expertly blended and roasted to bring out the distinct flavors each premier growing region is known for
- Experience a world of flavor that takes you places
- KENYAN COFFEES ARE KNOWN FOR THEIR BRIGHT, SWEET, AND BALANCED FLAVOR And Our Kenyan AA Coffee Is No Different. With Notes of Peach Blossom, Orange Zest, and Black Tea.
- SINGLE-ORIGIN FROM KENYA. Medium-Dark Roast. SL28, SL34, Ruiri 11 Varietals. Full Washed Processed & Dried On Raised Beds.
- ALL FRESH ROASTED COFFEE IS Kosher Certified, Sustainably Sourced and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in USA.
- ALL OUR COFFEES ARE ROASTED in Our Environmentally Friendly Loring Roaster to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint.
- AVAILABLE IN WHOLE BEAN AS 12 OZ, 2 LB, and 5 LB Bags.
- KENYAN AA GROUND COFFEE: Freshly ground coffee Kenya, Africa. AA graded beans are considered to be one of the world’s best coffee beans. Grown at elevations higher than 6,600 feet means the beans grow slower, providing more nutrients & allowing them to develop their flavors. Known for consistently rich fruit and berry flavor, a deep, wine-like acidity, and pleasing aroma, this coffee is full-bodied, bold and juicy.
- SPECIALTY GRADE COFFEE: Screen 18 refers to the sorting screen used to differentiate size/quality of coffee beans. Coffee grown at higher elevations produce larger and denser beans that contribute to superior tasting coffee. We only source SCREEN 18 beans to deliver the best, carefully crafted cup of gourmet coffee.
- MEDIUM – DARK ROAST: Our 100% Arabica specialty coffee beans are roasted to a delicious medium – dark level to bring out each bean’s unique flavor. Then they are ground to a universal grind size, perfect for at-home coffee brewing
- 1 LB BAG: Premium kraft coffee bag with de-gassing filter for optimal freshness. The thick foil-lined bag ensures your ground coffee stays fresh!
- FRESHLY ROASTED IN MIAMI, FL – Screen 18 Crafted Coffee is roasted & packed in small batches to ensure freshness. Our company was founded in 1945 and our legacy spans three generations of pride, heritage, expertise, and tradition.
- Brought to you by Whole Foods Market
- Specialty whole bean coffee
- Light roast
- Red wine, blackberry, currant
- 100% arabica coffee beans
- Whole bean coffee for the freshest brew
- Hand-roasted since 1902
- A delicious way to start your morning
- Light body bean; medium roast; balanced flavor
- Subtle fruit notes yet a bold brew
- Roasting process is carefully monitored for best chemistry and balance of the blend
- Rare Climb's Roast Blend, Balanced Flavor all around.
- Organic, Fair Trade, Rain Forest Alliance, 100% Arabica Beans
- Kenya AA: Savory, grapefruit like acidity, satiny mouthfeel impressively round & full, black currant
- Fresh Off The Roaster: We only roast your order once the order is placed providing top premium taste
- Fast Shipping: Orders are quickly roasted & shipped (most same day: M-F with 2-5 day delivery time)
- Specialty Coffee: Our premium beans are carefully sourced for their exceptionally fine taste quality
- For Ultimate Coffee Connoisseur: Passionate roasting expertise = Perfectly developed energetic beans
- 100% Pure Kenya AA Coffee Beans: With a rich body, pleasant vibrant acidity, fragrant aroma and flavor notes of raspberry, cranberry, fresh-cut redwood, alyssum-like flowers in aroma and cup.
- Flavor Notes: Raspberry, Cranberry, Fresh-cut Redwood, and Alyssum-like Flowers
- Roast Profile: Medium/Light roasted whole beans allowing the true flavor characteristic to come through for a remarkable taste.
- Highest Grade: The "AA" grade marks out the very largest beans that naturally contain the largest amount of aromatic oils that are so integral to the coffee-drinking experience
- Freshly Roasted: We fresh roasted then immediately packed and sealed to assure freshness.
- KENYAN COFFEES ARE KNOWN FOR THEIR BRIGHT, SWEET, AND BALANCED FLAVOR and Our Kenyan AA Coffee Is No Different. Cupping Notes of Peach Blossom, Orange Zest, and Black Tea.
- SINGLE-ORIGIN FROM KENYA. Medium-Dark Roast. SL28, SL34, Ruiri 11 Varietals. Grown 1,220-2,300 meters ASL. Full Washed Processed & Dried On Raised Beds.
- ALL FRESH ROASTED COFFEE is OU Kosher Certified and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in the USA. Our Coffee is Roasted on Loring (tm) Smart Roasters to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint and Provide Superior Flavor.
- FRESH ROASTED COFFEE PODS ARE RECYCLABLE/COMPOSTABLE. Fresh Roasted Coffee Nitrogen Flushes Every Coffee Pod to Keep Your Coffee at its Freshest.
- 100% ARABICA COFFEE AVAILABLE IN 18 Count or 72 Count Single-Serve Cups Compatible with K-Cup Brewers including 2.0 Machines.
It is no secret that Kenya produces one of the best and most popular coffees in the whole world. Additionally, this coffee is considered as one of the very few high end good quality coffee in the market. Kenya is blessed with good environmental conditions that favor the growing of high quality coffee. In Kenya, coffee thrives well on the slopes of Mt. Kenya and Aberdare ranges.
Coffee is also grown in counties along Mt. Elgon. Although the government has put a lot of extensive procedures, most coffee farmers in Kenya are still struggling with low prices. This happens as a result of long procedures. Some of the things that have been associated with low prices include poor grading, marketing and selling.
The flavor of the Kenyan Coffee
Kenyan coffee is popular in the international arena because of its deep and well balanced taste. If you have been lucky to taste this coffee, then you can agree with me that indeed it tastes more like wine. Most of the coffee beans that come from this country are grown in high elevations areas. That is why they have a high amount of acid.
Coffee beans can either be black current or tart citrus. Additionally, they are finished. They will provide you with a great and unique taste. It is for this reason that Kenyan coffee is favorite to many and highly prized.
Conditions that favor the growth of Kenyan Coffee
The popular Arabica Kenyan coffee variety is grown in volcanic soils. There have been claims that the world finest Arabica coffee is grown in Kenya. Additionally, Kenya has moderate temperatures. Furthermore, rainfall is well balanced for the whole year. The average amount of rainfall in regions where coffee is grown in Kenya is about 1000 millimeters in a year.
The soils around Mt. Kenya regions are loamy and deep. They do not retain water for long. Keep in mind that these are the perfect conditions for coffee to thrive. Coffee plantations in Kenya are characterized by gentle soft edged ridges. The terrain in these areas is not too steep. You will find swift perennial streams in these coffee plantations.
Processing of Coffee in Kenya
Wet processing is the most common method of processing coffee in Kenya. This processing method is responsible for the finest coffee beans. Additionally, harvesting coffee in this country is done by the use of hands. Only well ripen coffee beans are picked. The sugary coating in the coffee beans is removed using the fermentation process. This process takes around three hours.
Kenya Coffee Board is responsible to regulate and access the quality of coffee beans. The process of accessing and analyzing the quality of coffee is done through coffee grower representation. From there, a marketing decision is reached.