You might be wondering what hazelnut coffee is. It is one of the most popular flavors of coffee. It is said that Hazelnut is in the same class as Amaretto and French Vanilla. This flavor is obtained from the nut of hazel. In some places, it is known as a cob nut or filbert nut.
In the past, the creamy hazelnut flavor has been considered as one of the best to combine with coffee. If you have been lucky to taste it in the past, then you can agree with me that indeed the taste blends nicely. The nutty overtones will enhance the coffee aroma while at the same time providing a slightly sweet flavor which is quite similar to a hazelnut liqueur.
It has been proved that the sweet flavor pair well with many fruits including apples, apricots, and bananas. The highly regarded hazelnut coffee works particularly well with chocolate and vanilla. That is the reason it is commonly used in desserts such as cakes and ice cream.
The Bestselling Hazelnut Coffees Reviewed – May 2021
- RICH HAZELNUT AROMA AND HINTS OF COCONUT flavor reminiscent of the islands, this blend of premium Arabica coffees brings you an enchanting cup. Does not contain Hawaiian Grown coffees. Naturally and artificially flavored
- THE COFFEE STAYS FRESH IN RECYCLABLE stainless steel cans that look great on countertops and welcome a creative repurposing
- 100% ARABICA COFFEE, Natural and Artificial flavors. Does not contain Hawaiian Grown Coffee
- FOUR GENERATIONS STRONG: Our family's expertise extends more than 140 years and is headquartered outside of Los Angeles in the city of Vernon
- BLENDED, ROASTED and packed in the U.S.A
- Seattle's Best Coffee has a new look but the same premium beans, specially roasted for a smooth taste
- Our Toasted Hazelnut Flavored Coffee is sweetly aromatic with nutty notes of roasted hazelnut
- Our recommendation for a great cup of Seattle’s Best Coffee is 1 tbsp (5 gram) of ground coffee for every 6 fluid ounce (180 milliliter) of water
- For finest taste, use cold, filtered water and store ground coffee in a cool, dark place
- Each pack includes a 12-ounce bag of ground Seattle's Best Coffee
- Contains 1 - 12 ounce bag of ground coffee
- Clean and crisp hazelnut flavor
- A smooth and flavorful medium roast coffee, specially blended and roasted to deliver the same great taste as the brewed Dunkin' coffee available in Dunkin' shops
- Pre-ground, ready to brew at home sweet home
- Enjoy the great taste of Dunkin’ at home
- BRAND STORY: The mountains are a special place. It's where Green Mountain Coffee Roasters was born. It's where we developed our adventurous spirit and commitment to improving the lands through sustainably sourced coffee. We're driven to bring the world a richer, better cup of coffee. Be bold. Be alive. Grab a cup and get out there.
- TASTE: Indulge in the sweet, buttery flavor of hazelnuts. A lighter-roasted coffee, our Hazelnut is rich and satisfying with the flavor of warm, roasted nuts.
- ROAST: Light roast caffeinated coffee and is certified Orthodox Union Kosher (U)
- SUSTAINABILITY: Committed to 100% responsibly sourced coffee by end of 2020
- COMPATIBILITY: Contains genuine Keurig K-Cup pods, engineered for guaranteed quality and compatibility with all Keurig K-Cup coffee makers
- New England Hazelnut Creme Ground Coffee
- Pack of 3
- Fragrant medium-light roast with toasted hazelnut flavor
- One 12-ounce bag of ground coffee
- 100% Arabica coffee grown in Central and South America
- Roasted and packed in the U.S.A.
- Shown as a serving suggestion
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We're proud of our products. If you aren't satisfied, we'll refund you for any reason within a year of purchase. 1-877-485-0385
- An Amazon brand
- UNIQUELY HANDCRAFTED COFFEE: One, 32 ounce bag of Cameron's Vanilla Hazelnut Blend. We craft Cameron's Coffee to be the smoothest, most flavorful coffee possible. Our coffee is sustainable, hand-crafted, and small-batch roasted.
- RICH AND FLAVORFUL: Premium Arabica beans mixed with rich vanilla and zesty hazelnuts. This is no plain vanilla coffee.
- ALWAYS SMOOTH, NEVER BITTER: We choose only the top 10% of Arabica coffee beans in the world, hand-crafted to perfection. Brew a smooth, full-flavor coffee experience every time. Never over-roasted.
- SUSTAINABLY SOURCED: From roasting in small batches to reducing water consumption, Cameron’s Coffee is committed to making every day brighter. Creating positive change mean caring about our coffee, farmers, and the environment.
- QUALITY FIRST: We choose only the top 10% of beans in the world, hand-crafted to perfection. Never over-roasted. If you enjoy Lavazza Coffee, Door County Coffee, Caribou Coffee, Death Wish Coffee, or Illy Coffee - try Cameron's Coffee.
- Four 9 oz. canisters of Maxwell House International Hazelnut Cafe Beverage Mix
- Maxwell House International Hazelnut Cafe Beverage Mix has a consistently great taste
- Features coffee mixed with hazelnut for a rich indulgent flavor
- No brewer is required for this can of coffee drink mix
- Stir the mix into hot water or milk
- Rich hazelnut flavor mix can be used as coffee creamer
- Packaged in a resealable canister to help lock in flavor
- COUNT: Includes 42 Single Serve K-cup Coffee Pods
- ROAST: A smooth and creamy Hazelnut-flavored roasted coffee.
- FLAVOR PROFILE: A delicious full-flavored sweet and nutty Hazelnut roasted coffee.
- 100% Gluten Free and Non-GMO - our coffee products do not contain gluten or genetically modified ingredients.
- BRAND STORY: Since 1979 Victor Allen has been proud to bring you high-quality, roaster-fresh perfection. We source 100% Arabica beans from all over the world and use precision roasting techniques to guarantee the very best coffee.
- SELECTION: Victor Allen offers a wide selection of coffee choices from light, medium and dark roasts to everyday and seasonal flavors, in bagged, single serve and ready to drink formats.
- COMPATABILITY: For use in all single serve brewing systems, including Keurig 2.0
- Single Serve coffee pods for Keurig K-Cup Brewers. Keurig is a registered trademark of KEURIG GREEN MOUNTAIN, INC. K-Cups is a registered trademark of KEURIG GREEN MOUNTAIN, INC.
- GREAT TASTING Coffee Since 1859 – Winey notes and a rich, elegant aroma with a full-bodied finish. All of roasting is done at our own facility in Maryland, USA
- MEDIUM ROASTED COFFEE: The coffee beans are roasted to a delightful medium finish to allow both the coffee and hazelnut accents to perfectly enhance each other
- BOLD FLAVORS: The coffee beans are then expertly infused with roasted hazelnut flavors and a sweet, buttery aroma that you look for in a perfect cup of hazelnut coffee
- QUALITY GUARANTEED: 100% Arabica beans for premium quality and taste, Kosher certified
- COMMITMENT TO ENVIRONMENT: Through partnerships with different coffee organizations, we hope to support the coffee farming community with the goal to help improve the quality of life for all people involved in the coffee supply chain
Health Benefits of Hazelnut Coffees
Just like other types of coffees, the popular Hazelnut coffee is rich in nutrients. It boasts of a high content of protein, fats, vitamins, and minerals. In this section, we will take a close look at several evidence based health benefits of hazelnuts.
It is good to know that hazelnut coffee has a great nutrient profile. Although they contain a high amount of calories, they boast of numerous nutrients and healthy fats. It has been discovered that hazelnut coffee contains a decent amount of vitamin B6 and phosphorus. Additionally, the rare type of coffee is a rich source of omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids. That being said, this is the right time to invest in this type of coffee if you really want to benefit from manganese and copper nutrients present in it.
It is loaded with numerous antioxidants
Several studies conducted over the years have shown that hazelnut coffee provides a high amount of antioxidants. You might be aware that antioxidants protect the body from oxidative stress. Keep in mind that oxidative stress can severely damage the cell structure while at the same time promoting cancer and heart disease.
Phenolic compounds have emerged as the most abundant antioxidants in this type of coffee. Phenolic compounds are helpful in decreasing blood cholesterol and inflammation. This means that hazelnut coffee will be beneficial to your overall heart health and protecting against cancer.
According to a study that was done in 2014, people who took hazelnut coffee showed a significant decrease in oxidative stress when compared to people who did not take this type of coffee. With that in mind, you can see how beneficial it must be to your health.
It may be good for your heart
Eating nuts regularly is known to protect the heart. That is the same case with consuming hazelnut coffee. Hazelnut coffee contains a high concentration of antioxidants and fats that may increase the antioxidant potential. You will notice a significant decrease in cholesterol levels in the blood. In a one month study whose main subjects were 21 people with high cholesterol levels, the results showed that people who consumed hazelnut coffee had reduced bad cholesterol levels. It is also important to note that participants in this study experienced improvements in artery health and inflammation markers in the blood.
Researchers in other studies have also discovered that hazelnut coffee may have similar effects on heart health. Most of the results have shown an increase in vitamin E levels. Moreover, hazelnut contains a high content of potassium and magnesium that help in normalizing blood pressure.
People prefer this type of coffee simply because it contains a high concentration of antioxidants compounds and vitamins. These antioxidants compounds have some anti-cancer properties. There is no doubt that hazelnut coffee has the highest concentration of antioxidants. It is worth noting that some test tube and animal studies have demonstrated that these antioxidants may help in preventing and treating some types of cancers.
Away from that, it is the Vitamin E present in this type of coffee that will protect against cell damage. Excessive cell damage can cause or promote cancer.
It can decrease inflammation
In the last couple of years, hazelnut coffee has been linked to reduced inflammatory markers. This is influenced by the high concentration of healthy fats. According to a popular study that investigated on how hazelnut coffee affected inflammatory markers, participants experienced a significant reduction in inflammation after consuming hazelnut coffee for several weeks.
Hazelnut coffee may help lower blood sugar levels
Although the researches are not abundant, there are some researches which have shown that hazelnut coffee may help in reducing blood sugar levels. Additionally, hazelnut coffee contains oleic acid that will significantly reduce fasting blood sugar and insulin levels. Therefore, you should not worry if you have been experiencing lower blood sugar levels since hazelnut coffee is here to solve all your problems.
How to make hazelnut coffee
In this section, we will show you how you can make your own hazelnut coffee.
1. Pick your roast. In most cases, this type of coffee is served as a light roast coffee. However, you have the full freedom to choose your preferred type of roast. The most recommended type of roast is the dark roast.
2. Grab a bag of shelled hazelnuts. You can find shelled hazelnut at any grocery store. Also, you can also order them from any online store.
3. Put the beans and nuts in a coffee grinder. You will be required to grind the mixture in very coarse settings.
4. Brew it in a French press. The function of the press is to ensure that you get the perfect cup possible.
5. Enjoy. You can agree with me that indeed this method might take a little more effort than just pressing down the pump. From there, you should enjoy your coffee.
Besides having good flavor, the highly regarded hazelnut coffee boasts of numerous health benefits. We hope that this article will help you in the future.