Coffee from Haiti is one of the most preferred in the market. The mellowness that comes with this coffee makes it very popular with many coffee enthusiasts. The high quality coffee is characterized by a medium body and soft texture. You will definitely like the natural sweetness of this coffee. In most cases, the Haitian coffee is served as espresso.
The Bestselling Haitian Coffees Reviewed – October 2021
- Black owned
- Woman Founded
- Direct trade
- Social impact
- Arabica beans
- Full bodied, rich, nutty
- Ground Haitian Mountain Blue, Medium Dark, 12 ounces, not 10
- 100% Arabica, washed Haitian coffee - hand picked on small farms
- Hints of dark chocolate, smooth, rich body
- Roasted in small batches. Balanced cup, mellow acidity.
- Fair Trade plus - 100% proceeds support farmers through Singingrooster.org
- EXPERIENCE THE LUSH HAITIAN BLUE VARIETAL - the Same Varietal as Jamaica Blue Mountain but at a Fraction of the Cost! Bold and Spicy Cinnamon Notes and a Rich Plum Finish.
- USDA ORGANIC CERTIFIED. Direct Trade. Northern Haiti. Arabica Blue Mountain Varietal. Grown 1,200 meters ASL. Washed and Sun Dried.
- ALL FRESH ROASTED COFFEE is OU Kosher Certified and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in the USA. Our Coffee is Roasted on Loring (tm) Smart Roasters to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint and Provide Superior Flavor.
- FRESH ROASTED COFFEE PODS ARE RECYCLABLE/COMPOSTABLE. Fresh Roasted Coffee Nitrogen Flushes Every Coffee Pod to Keep Your Coffee at its Freshest.
- 100% ARABICA COFFEE AVAILABLE IN 18 Count or 72 Count Single-Serve Cups Compatible with K-Cup Brewers including 2.0 Machines.
- 1 - 10 oz bag of ground organic coffee
- FIRST DECISION OF THE DAY: Smooth, nutty medium dark roast. Our Signature Rebo Dark Roasts are a blend of 100% Arabica beans from Haiti.
- ENJOY AT HOME: Enjoy the Rebo coffee you love without leaving from home
- SEASON OF GIVING: Send the holiday gift coffee made with 100% Arabica beans
- Coffee Beans single origin Haiti Caribbean
- 1 - 10 oz bag of ground coffee
- Hatitan Coffee has been produce and exported all over the world since the early 18th century
- ENJOY AT HOME: Enjoy the Tipilon coffee you love without leaving from home
- SEASON OF GIVING: Send the holiday gift coffee
- EXCEPTIONAL TASTE - Elements of Rich Cocoa and Toast with a Buttery Mouthfeel and Creamy Body. This Dark Roasted Coffee is slow roasted to caramelize the sugars that are naturally in the bean for a deep complex flavor
- AUTHENTICITY - Shade-grown at high altitude in northern Haiti, harvested 1200m above sea level, slow roasted to caramelize natural sugars in the beans, true Haitian street coffee, identical to Jamaican Arabica for a fraction of the cost
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Eco-friendly, USDA organic, Direct Trade, creates sustainable employment for farming families in Haiti
- DIRECT TRADE - We pay the local farmers well above fair trade value for their exceptional crops
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC
- EXCEPTIONAL TASTE - Elements of walnut and nutmeg with a buttery mouth-feel and creamy body. This medium roasted coffee is our best seller!
- ROAST LEVEL - Medium Roasted Haitian Blue produces a super nutty and consistent taste that creates a serene cupping experience.
- GROWN IN HAITI - From the 1200 meter tall mountains of Dondon, Haiti these beans are grown, processed, and managed by local workers.
- AUTHENTICITY: Shade-grown at 1200m above sea level, grown in island soil for low acidity
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: Eco-friendly, USDA organic, Direct Trade, creates sustainable employment for farming families in Haiti, farmers are paid above fair trade standards for their exceptional crop.
- PREMIUM ORGANIC HAITI - Hand picked 100% specialty grade arabica beans from organic fields in Haiti. These exotic beans come from the nation that originally made the best coffee.
- SMELLS AMAZING - The aroma will fill your home every morning with this medium roast ground coffee blend. Start your day making this with an automatic coffee maker, a drip coffee machine, a pour over coffee maker, cold brew or french press.
- RICH PREMIUM TASTE - Exotic, Full Body Flavored Hazelnut with Walnut-like Character. The gourmet taste will make you want more!
- GREAT PRIDE - Our coffee farmers in Haiti ensure every cup of coffee has a rich, flavorful taste. There is a long storied tradition with Haiti coffee farming. Let us help continue that tradition.
- PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW - Just push the yellow add to cart button to order your fresh ground coffee today. Order for your morning coffee or share this awesome coffee with people that deserve the best for birthday gifts, coffee gifts, gifts for her, gifts for him, and christmas gifts.
- Perfect for at-home coffee roasters.
- High-quality raw unroasted coffee beans.
- ALL Fresh Roasted Coffee Is Kosher Certified, Sustainably Sourced and Packaged in USA.
- 5 lb. Bag
- Our unroasted coffee selections are intended for roasting purposes. We do not recommend consuming unroasted coffee.
The nation of Haiti and the Dominican Republic occupies the same island. These two countries are found along the Caribbean Sea. It is the French who introduced coffee in Haiti. Coffee growing was very prosperous in the 1700s. At this time, the country was still a French Colony.
The most interesting thing that is worth noting about Haitian coffee is that it has suffered numerous blows. This country has some of the best coffee growing conditions in the world. This makes it ideal for quality coffee growing. This makes it one of the most successful coffee growing countries in the world.
The best coffee beans in Haiti
It is arguably the most grown coffee bean on the island of Haiti. In other words, it is referred to as Haitian beans. It is unique from most coffee beans in the market. It consists of the largest exported coffee from Haiti. You will find these coffee beans from numerous cooperatives around Haiti. Just like in other coffee growing countries, people here prefer to sell their coffee under cooperatives.
Haitian coffee is characterized by blue green like color. If you have been paying attention to the world coffee market, then you might be aware that it has been beating the most high grade coffee in the competitive international market.
Haitian coffee is mostly grown in a shaded environment. From there, it is picked and passed in the washing process. It is among the fairly traded coffee in the world. Besides being a natural coffee, Haitian coffee is ethically sourced.
Roasting coffee in Haiti
It is good to keep in mind that Haiti coffee beans are quite diverse. This means that any method can be used to roast them. Medium and dark have emerged as the best roasts of this coffee.
Brewing the Haitian coffee
Unlike other types of coffee, Haitian coffee are gentle. This means that they are not strong in citrus flavors. That being said, you should avoid dripping over brewing techniques. You should consider using a brewing method that favors the overall flavor and aroma hints.
Challenges that face coffee growing in Haiti
Although the state of coffee production is very worse, there is still hope that this will improve in the future. Things became tough in the coffee industry in the ’90s. It is at this time when the country experienced numerous sanctions. This made it close to impossible to export coffee to other countries. This resulted in many coffee farmers abandoning coffee growing. They ventured into other profitable businesses.
Despite the coffee industry facing many problems that include low prices and pests and diseases, a great improvement in total coffee production has been observed recently.