There is no doubt that the Republic of Dominican boast of the highest quality coffee in the world. Unlike in other coffee growing regions, Dominican has no defined rainfall seasons. That is the reason why their coffee is unique. It is good to know that this country experiences rainfall all around the year. This contributes to delayed cherry. This is the factor behind denser and exceptionally good coffee beans
In the last couple of years, Dominican has experienced drastic changes in weather patterns. This has shifted the Dominican climatic property. However, the country is still receiving regular average rainfall. The country has been experiencing heavy showers over the years. The heavy showers have caused erosion in the steeper side of the region. It is said that water sheds have been contaminated in the process.
The contamination of the water shed is said to have contributed to the decline of coffee. But, this has not changed the quality of coffee produced by Dominican. Similar to other coffee growing regions, coffee rust has resulted in major drawbacks in Dominican coffee growing. The notorious fungal disease has caused many negative effects.
The Bestselling Dominican Coffees Reviewed – May 2021
- 100% Dominican Ground Coffee
- Imported from the Dominican Republic
- A most unique taste and one of the finest coffees in the world!
- Remember that vacation? Have this coffee again and remember!
- Always Fresh
- One of The Best Coffee & more famous coffees around the world. Vacuum packed to preserve all the taste & aroma. 2 Pack Special Offer
- ✔✔✔✔✔★★★★★GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE PRODUCT★★★★★✔✔✔✔✔ This product page is for: 2 pounds - 2 bags (1 pound each bag) of The most loved coffee from Dominican Republic (guaranteed) / El cafe Dominicano mas amado (garantizado): "CAFE SANTO DOMINGO". This edition on this listing is whole roasted bean coffee / cafe tostado en grano. This special coffee is a rich-flavored, dark roasted, top quality coffee; the pride and joy of Dominicans !!! it's recognized worldwide for its tasty flavor and unique aroma, considered one of the best coffees in Latin america and the world. Here in Dominican Republic the daily routine starts with the aroma of "SANTO DOMINGO COFFEE" every morning... doesn't matter where you are; in the country side, at the city, everywhere... that's what helps us have a great day!!! You will receive a totally fresh top quality product packed wih its ORIGINAL, UNTOUCHED AND SEALED PACKAGE DIRECTLY FROM THE MANUFACTURING COMPANY: "INDUBAN" ( almost 70 years producing the coffee ). We really invite you to be part of our pride... If you have tasted it you know is amazing and if you haven't tried this excellent-top quality coffee, we recommend you to because we're sure you won't regret and very probably you will be ordering again soon !
- ✔✔✔✔✔★★★★★PRODUCTION AND EXPIRATION DATE★★★★★✔✔✔✔✔ The coffee is literally FRESH ! it is usually made the same month of purchase ! and will last ( expire ) 2 complete years due to its high quality and sealed package.
- ✔✔✔✔✔★★★★★10 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT COFFEE AND CAFFEINE★★★★★✔✔✔✔✔ 1. Legend has it that Ethiopian shepherds first noticed the effect of caffeine when they saw their goats appearing to become frisky and "dance" after eating coffee berries 2. Originally, coffee was eaten by African tribes mixing coffee berries with fat which formed edible - energy balls. 3. The rise of Islam contributed greatly to the popularity of coffee. The religion prohibits drinking alcohol, but coffee was consider an acceptable drink. 4. All coffee in the world grows in the Bean Belt - the area between the Tropics of Cancer and Caprison. Hawaii is the only state in the U.S. that grows coffee. 5. 70% of the world consumes Arabica coffee, which is mild and aromatic. The remaining 30% drinks Robusta, which is more bitter-tasting, but has 50% more caffeine than Arabica coffee. 6. Coffee can grow up to 30ft tall on trees, but cultivated to be around 10ft tall for easy picking. 7. The bean is actually a seed inside bright red berry. 8. Coffee is the second most traded commodity on earth. 9. George Washington invented instant coffee. A Belgium man living in Guatemala by the name of George Washington (not the president) invented it in 1906. 10. Caffeine is a bitter substance found in coffee, tea, soft drinks, chocolate, kola nuts, and certain medicines, it’s a central nervous system and metabolic stimulant, and is used both recreationally and medically to reduce physical fatigue and to restore alertness. With moderate doses it produces increased wakefulness, faster and clearer flow of thought, increased focus, and better general body coordination. The amount of caffeine needed to produce effects varies from person to person, depending on body size and degree of tolerance. Effects begin less than an hour after consumption, and usually wear off in about five hours.
- ✔✔✔✔✔★★★★★WHY CHOOSING WHOLE BEAN COFFEE INSTEAD OF GROUND COFFEE ?★★★★★✔✔✔✔✔ When you grind it yourself (preferably just minutes before brewing it up), stronger tasting coffee—one that’s closer to the natural taste of the coffee bean. Whole bean coffee lasts about ten times longer than ground coffee does. Whole beans will give you a fresher cup. Different brewing methods work best with different types of coarseness, so why limit yourself to only one option. If you grind it yourself, you can make up a batch of coarse coffee for your French press or some fine grinds for an espresso machine. ✔✔✔✔✔★★★★★SHIPPING★★★★★✔✔✔✔✔ We ship the Dominican product directly from SANTIAGO, DOMINCAN REPUBLIC . It will deliver straight to your location anywhere around the globe (worldwide). The average time that it will take to be delivered depends on your location; generally would be between 5 – 10 business days from shipping day for the American continent and 8 – 13 business days for elsewhere in the planet. (Parcels that go to Russia and countries that the parcel has to be processed by Russian Post could take in some cases around 3 – 6 business days more than the estimated period of time due to the efficiency of that mail service). If you need expedited shipping just contact us. We usually ship the order within 1-2 bussines days after payment completed (several times we ship it the same day of payment). On extremely few cases ( 0.5% of shipments ) customs might open parcels just as routine examinations ( most of the times: the customs of the destination country). You will ALWAYS be provided with the corresponding tracking number so you can track your package whenever you want.
- ✔✔✔✔✔★★★★★RETURNS★★★★★✔✔✔✔✔ We are sure you will be very satisfied with the quality and the reality just as described of this Dominican product ! but in case something went wrong and you are not satisfied with the item you just need to contact us so we can apply any of the corresponding Amazon’s procedures for these cases. Or we can get to a deal to compensate... just contact us, all we want is your satisfaction. ✔✔✔✔✔★★★★★IMPORTANT NOTES★★★★★✔✔✔✔✔ If you have any questions just feel free to send us a message whenever you want (you can use any language you speak; english, german, russian, spanish, chineese...) and we'll do our best to answer you the fastest we can. Our best wishes are that you receive the product just the way it is described in here and that you feel happy and comfortable being part of our family of customers. We really try to do our best in order to make a great process of listing / describing / selling / packing / shipping / communicating, etc... so if you have any suggestions feel free to contact us and if you experience any issue during the process, before placing your feedback please let us know and we'll do our best to solve it or compensate it the best way possible for us. We are open minded and also common sense people...we can communicate easily, if there's any other Dominican item that you would like to get, just tell us what it is and we will try to help. All we want is your satisfaction. You can also check many other Dominican, Latin and general items that we are pleased to offer you, just go to the following web-page: www.amazon.com/shops/dominicanjoy
- Balanced & Intensely Aromatic: Coffee connoisseurs love the naturally sweet, creamy taste of this medium-dark roast arabica coffee, which features a touch of cacao to round out the smooth, bold flavor.
- From the Coffee Capital of the World: This premium ground coffee is made of beans from the highest mountains in the Dominican Republic — one of the top java producers in the world.
- Hand Picked, Expertly Roasted: Our artisan coffee is manually harvested by local workers, then processed in a state-of-the-art facility in the Cibao region according to strict quality standards.
- Great Hot or Cold: Looking for cold-brew coffee grounds? Customers love to put this exotic coffee on ice or enjoy it piping hot. It's delicious with a splash of cream and sugar, or black.
- Our fine Caribbean coffee (a secret family blend 40+ years old) is backed by our commitment to your satisfaction. Love the taste or get your money back.
- 100% Dominican Ground Coffee
- Freshly Imported from the Dominican Republic
- Manabao Classic Roast is exquisitely roasted with 100% Arabica coffee beans to bring you a cup of coffee of médium body and aroma.
- Delicious, always fresh coffee flavor
- A FAVORITE OF THE FRESH ROASTED COFFEE STAFF, This Mild, Medium Roast Island Organic Coffee Shines with Notes of Baked Apples, Grapes, Vanilla, and Spices.
- USDA ORGANIC CERTIFIED, FAIR TRADE CERTIFIED, Single-Origin from Cibao, Dominican Republic. Red Caturra Varietal. Grown 1,300 meters ASL. Washed & Sun-Dried.
- ALL FRESH ROASTED COFFEE is OU Kosher Certified and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in the USA. Our Coffee is Roasted on Loring (tm) Smart Roasters to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint and Provide Superior Flavor.
- FRESH ROASTED COFFEE PODS ARE RECYCLABLE/COMPOSTABLE. Fresh Roasted Coffee Nitrogen Flushes Every Coffee Pod to Keep Your Coffee at its Freshest.
- 100% ARABICA COFFEE AVAILABLE IN 18 Count or 72 Count Single-Serve Cups Compatible with K-Cup Brewers including 2.0 Machines.
- 100% Pure Dominican Coffee organically grown for a unique taste of the island.
- Dominica Republic Coffee - Jarabacoa Region single origin from the Ramirez Family Estate.
- Medium roasted whole beans allowing the true flavor characteristic to come through for a remarkable taste.
- Fresh roasted the immediately packed and sealed to assure freshness.
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Flavor notes: Hazelnut, vanilla and caramel.
- Roast: Medium roasted.
- Roasted and packed in the Dominican Republic.
- Suggested brewing method: Drip Coffee Maker - Italian Moka - French press - Pour over method.
- Kosher certified - Gluten free.
History of Dominican Coffee
It is said that coffee was introduced in this country around the early 18th century. There are two accounts that tell slightly differing stories of this event. While the first account states that coffee was brought to the territory by a man named Gabriel, the second account claim that coffee was introduced in the country by Spanish immigrants.
By the 1800s, coffee was playing an increasingly important role in the exports of this area. Actually, coffee accounted for more than 30% of the country total output. Keep in mind that this beautiful country is blessed with numerous geographical conditions. This makes it perfect for coffee growth. Additionally, the Dominican Republic boasts of fairly variegated terrain. The abundant rainfall in this country persists throughout the year.
You can agree with me that indeed altitude is one of the most important factors that determine coffee quality. However, altitude in this country can vary. Usually, it ranges from 600 to 1450 meters above sea level. Typically, everything that is grown above 1200 meters is classified as hard beans coffee. This results in denser and more complex flavors.
It is worth noting that coffee produced in low altitudes is of low quality. The unique way of growing coffee in the Dominican Republic is the reason behind its improved quality. You might be aware that much of the coffee in this country is shade grown. In fact, only about 10% of the coffee output is grown in sunny areas.
Humid conditions is another crucial factor that coffee needs to thrive well besides the altitude. Year round rain ensures that there is always humid conditions in this country. The unique thing about coffee growing in this country is that more than 90% of coffee farmers have committed to growing coffee beans in herbicide and pesticides free zones. Therefore, the standards of production are kept.
As you can see, the conditions and standards have improved steadily over the years. As for now, the Republic of Dominican is producing more than 500,000 bags of coffee every year. More than 400,000 bags of coffee is Arabica. The remaining mostly consists of Robusta. Usually, coffee made from Robusta can often taste bitter. Robusta coffee beans are said to have some kind of defect in the process of manufacturing. Instead of offering a strong and dark cup, it remove the sweet taste in coffee beans.
Coffee Culture in the Dominican Republican
You might be wondering why coffee became huge reliability in the Republic of Dominican. The favorable geographic conditions are the factor why coffee has come to integrate itself into the lifestyles of natives in this country. Unlike in other coffee producing countries such as Kenya and Ethiopia, only 20% of all coffee produced in this country is exported to other countries.
More than 80% of all coffee grown in this country is consumed by Dominican residents. This is a clear indication that Dominican people love their coffee. In a year, an average person in the Republic of Dominican takes around 3kgs. In most cases, they drink several cups throughout the day.
Coffee in this country is not only a regular indulgence, but it also supports more than 40% of the workforce. Therefore, it is second to sugarcane. It is by no doubt one of the most popular agricultural products in this country. You can attest that it is by no surprise people from the Dominican Republic love their sweet coffee.
If you have been lucky to visit this good country, then you can agree with me that people put numerous spoons of sugar in a tasty brew. The results will be an enamel eroding concoction.
Recently, we have witnessed coffee constantly growing and evolving in the Caribbean nation. There have been establishment of an independent organization called ADOCAFES. This has been tasked with ensuring that coffee production is constant. The main function of this organization is to make sure that the coffee produced is distributed all over the country and to acceptable standards.
They have also been developing perfect new types of coffee. Increasing the popularity of specialty coffee is one of the results of this. It comes with numerous trademark qualities that have been described earlier.
Coffee growing regions in the Republic of Dominican
It is good to know that coffee is harvested throughout the year in some regions of the Dominican Republic. The growing season of coffee is extended by the influence of trade winds and warm ocean currents. Additionally, the Dominican government has demarcated several primary areas. Also, there are still more prominent areas with their own brand of coffee.
Barahona and Cibao regions are very popular for producing high quality beans. Coffee beans produced in these areas are known to have nutty and chocolate notes. If you are one of those people whose stomach is sensitive to coffee, then this coffee will be a perfect choice simply because it is of low acidity.
Santo Domingo is arguably the most famous coffee from the Dominican group. The unique type of coffee is made with a blend of beans from the best coffee producing areas in the Dominican. It is now 60 years since the Perello family began producing coffee.
People have been claiming that their brand represents some of the best coffee beans that the Dominican Republic offers. Away from that, their coffee is full bodied. Also, it is light to moderately acidic. You will be able to make a truly exquisite cup of coffee with this type of coffee.
Making a cup of Dominican coffee
If you want to have the full experience, you only need to go beyond purchasing Dominican coffee beans. It is important to know how to make coffee in the traditional way. Natives from the Dominican Republic uses greca to make coffee. You can mistake this instrument for Moka. Pot. However, you can consider using a French Press or a pour over and you will be guaranteed of a good tasting coffee.
In case you are using a greca, you should unscrew the device to obtain its three parts. The three parts consist of the filter, water chamber, and the coffee holder. From there, you should clean all the parts thoroughly. It would also be better if you fill the chamber at the bottom with water. While some people prefer boiling water, you can do it in a unique way.
The next step after boiling water is to finely grind your coffee and add it to the holder in the amount of your preference. In case you want to make espresso, you can use less coffee beans. The quantity of the coffee beans used should be increased based on how much coffee you want. You can also consider other crucial factors such as mixing it with milk.
Before heating the greca, you should make sure that the parts are tightly screwed together. Furthermore, there should be enough heat for the water to boil. However, the coffee should not burn. You can continue heating for at least ten minutes until the smell of coffee begins to waft in the air. Kindly do not forget to mix with the only 250ml of water. This should be done for every tablespoon of coffee.
Although the Dominican coffee does not dominate the list of the top coffee producers and exporters, the people of this country have been able to build a vibrant coffee culture that is worth observing and partaking in. Since the 18th century, the people of the Dominican Republic has taken coffee in an unprecedented way. They have made coffee their way of life.
Dominican coffee has been praised to be sweet and dark. It is also tasty and mellow. The unique coffee production in this country makes the coffee taste better when compared to the ones grown in other countries. You should be guaranteed that this coffee is a perfect choice if you love darker roasts.