Coffee growing in Cuba started way back in the 18th century. Since then, the coffee industry in Cuba has experienced significant changes over the years. The French were the people who highly benefited from coffee growing in Cuba. By then, they were fleeing from the Haitian revolution. It is good to know that it is during this period when coffee growing was extended from the plains to the nearby mountain areas.
The Bestselling Cuban Coffees Reviewed – February 2021
- MAYORGA ORGANICS CAFÉ CUBANO ROAST is a cuban-style dark roast profile Mayorga has perfected, with hints of vanilla and sweet, syrupy smokiness, with a smooth, and bold finish with low acidity.
- IN THIS UNIQUE BLEND: Our Roastmaster craft roasts our coffees from Peru, Honduras and/or Nicaragua, and gives our Café Cubano Roast a unique signature flavor profile, making this cuban-style roast a Mayorga favorite.
- SUSTAINABLY SOURCED from quality-inspected, certified organic small farmers and cooperatives throughout Latin America. USDA Organic, Non-GMO Verified, Kosher, Direct Trade.
- SLOW-ROASTING PROCESS using our signature Latin, slow-roasting small batch process, we are able to give our Café Cubano Roast a distinct flavor. Our coffees are high-quality, Specialty Grade, 100% Arabica, Shade-Grown. Our coffee is roasted and packaged in the USA.
- TRY MAYORGA RISK-FREE. Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee. We offer a 30-day money back guarantee on any product you have purchased from MAYORGA ORGANICS directly through Amazon. Send us a message through Amazon, and we will refund your order, no questions asked.
- There are no contents originating from Cuba in this or any of our products.
- Oriente Cuban Coffee Roasters - Dark Roast Cuban Coffee Packed & Sealed In Recyclable Coffee Pods
- Roast Profile - Oriente Dark Roast Cuban Coffee boasts an intense aroma with hints of dark cocoa, vanilla, chicory, and smoky caramel undertones. A boldly smooth full-bodied profile that delivers a richly powerful dark taste that lingers on the palate long after each purposeful sip.
- Process - Following a strict manual small batch preparation process, Oriente coffee beans are handpicked and gathered amongst steep hillsides to mule transportation for grain drying execution. Oriente Cuban Coffee Roasters exclusive coffee builds upon the rich history of Coffee in Cuba with added modern technology working together traditional methods and preparation to create a superior Cuban coffee experience.
- The Oriente Promise - At Oriente Cuban Coffee Roasters we understand that coffee is an inseparable part of the identity, character, soul, and routine of Cuban people. We are here to help the world face the challenges that come with each new day, one sip at a time.
- Origin Inspiration - Oriente Cuban Coffee Roasters perfectly captures the essence of the best coffee in Cuba and its traditional preparation methods. Originating from the mountainous hillsides within the Sierra Maestra plantations where gourmet coffee of the highest quality hails, Oriente coffee is known for its delicate aroma and subtle but powerfully delicious unique flavor.
- Cafe de Cuba for Vertuoline Machines Only
- 100% Cuban Arabica from the Eastern part of Cuban island. It is more than a coffee, it is a journey to Cuba.
- Aromatic Profile: The dark roasted, intense character of this coffee echoes the passionate rhythms of authentic Cuban culture and boasts powerful and delightful smoky notes of wood and tobacco leaves.
- Size of cup: 7.77 oz. Intensity: 8
- DARK-ROASTED, INTENSELY AROMATIC, RICH AND BOLD: Café La Llave is a bold Latin-style espresso with an intensity level of 11. It is full-bodied, highly aromatic and balanced espresso that will please the senses.
- RECYCLABLE COFFEE PODS: We have partnered with TerraCycle for a recycling program that makes Café La Llave Espresso Style Coffee Pods recyclable through terracycle.com
- COMPATIBLE WITH NESPRESSO ORIGINALLINE BREWERS: specially engineered for Nespresso OriginalLine brewers to deliver a high-quality and consistent espresso, shot after shot. Not compatible with Nespresso Vertuo brewers. *Not affiliated with NESPRESSO.
- FOUR GENERATIONS STRONG: Our family's expertise extends more than 140 years and is headquartered outside of Los Angeles in the city of Vernon.
- BLENDED, ROASTED and PACKED at Our Zero-Waste-To-Landfill Roastery in Los Angeles
- ☕Israel's leading coffee chain, and most popular coffee capsules are now available in the US - over 1 Million capsules sold every month.
- ☕Excellent Caribbean taste. Made with high mountain grown Cuba Serrano Lavado Arabica beans carefully blended with Central American Arabicas and African Robustas, we have developed a truly "Cuban" blend.
- ☕With dark chocolate notes in the body and a bright clean finish, this is a coffee drinkers coffee. Strength: 9/10
- ☕Built with a strong and spicy flavor, this blend is perfect for a morning Cafe con leche or a traditional sweet Cuban coffee throughout the day.
- ☕Unique tamp dome "EXTRA CREAM" technology generates an especially robust crema and extracts the perfect coffee from our gourmet blends. Compatible with all Nespresso Machines (except "Vertuoline" machines).
- Six (6) bags of pure Sol de Cuba ground espresso.
- Rich and aromatic
- Vacuum packed for freshness
- Net Weight: 6 x 227 g (8 oz).
- Finest Quality
- Dark Roast Ground Arabica Coffee
- Compatible with single serve brewers
- Discover the intense distinct flavor of this dark roasted cuban style flavor
- 24 single serve cups per box
- Rainforest Alliance certified
- Cuban Style Coffee - 100% USDA Organic & Fair Trade & NON-GMO - Dark Roast | Full City - Net Weight 24 oz - Freshly Roasted & Ground to Order in Miami, FL
- ROASTING FACTS: Artizan Coffee uses a complex, time-consuming and skilled process known as “split-roasting” technique for this blends. This is where each component in the blend is roasted at different temperatures and for different durations before being blended in order to achieve the optimal flavor, body, and complexity. FRESH ROASTED & GROUND TO ORDER IN OUR USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC ROASTERY. This product ships directly from our roasting facility in Miami Gardens, Florida
- Bold, Full Body & Intense - Drinking café cubano remains a prominent social and cultural activity within Cuba as well as the Cuban exile community. Our Cuba Mia signature blend is the perfect choice for a café cubano (Cuban coffee, Cuban espresso, cafecito, Cuban pull, or Cuban shot). Inspired by our co-founders Miami and Cuban roots, Cuba Mia is a traditional Cuban-style espresso that takes you on a journey to the heart of Havana.
- ORIGIN: South and Central America Arabica plus Robustas from India and Madagascar.
There have emerged trade symbols over the years. These symbols have been linked with the nation’s coffee such as bitter flavor hints. Additionally, these symbols show the Cuban people’s creativity.
Special things about the Cuban Coffee
It is worth noting that consuming Cafecito drink is an act of participating in the social cultural act in Cuba. It would be better if you serve 6 shots of coffee with a big cup. Some people prefer dipping a Cuban cigar at demitasse when topping up the cultural experience.
The traditional Cuban coffee cup
Usually, the highly preferred Cuban coffee is made from sweetening the coffee with sugar. It is one of the unique types of espresso. This type of coffee originated during the times of Italians arrival. You are required to put sugar in a container. From there, you should mix with the sugar during brewing. As you purchase this type of coffee, you should be guaranteed that the product is usually a fine quality. Nowadays, there have emerged various recipes. You can use these recipes to prepare a cup of Cuban coffee.
The most famous Cuban coffee genres
Café Cubano is considered the most famous type of coffee. Ordinary Cuban coffee can be sweetened using sugar. This coffee is very strong when compared to other American coffee. That is the reason you are required to serve this coffee with a shot. It is all about sharing coffee with friends.
Cuban coffee growing regions
Coffee is grown in the eastern part of Cuba. This region boasts of a special type of fertile soil. The fertile soil has unique characteristics that include high humus amounts. This means that the coffee will grow without using artificial manures. Handpicking is the most common method that has been used to harvest coffee cherries.
The majority of coffee farming in Cuba is done on the steep side of the mountain. It is the males who transport coffee to the dry stations. Unlike in other coffee growing regions in the world, Cuban people process their coffee by roasting on a wooden mortar. From there, the processers put it into hot water. They use straining using bag made of cloth. Other notable regions where coffee is grown is around the central region.
Factors that prevent successful coffee growing in Cuba
Cuba has poor transport networks. This hinders the efficient transportation of coffee to factories.
Extreme weather conditions
This country has experienced drought periods followed by a heavy and excess amount of rainfall.
Although Cuba is faced with drought periods, the quality of the coffee beans is still good.