You can agree with me that you prefer taking out your coffee bottle and then having a sip when you are stuck in traffic and heading towards your office. If you are a busy coffee drinker, then you can agree with me that you face this situation every day. There is nothing bad when traveling than knowing that your coffee will get cold. In such situations, you will be forced to purchase a coffee travel mug. You might be wondering why it is advisable to purchase a coffee travel mug. It ensures that your coffee does not get cold even after several hours.
The Bestselling Coffee Travel Mugs Reviewed – May 2021
- Autoseal technology is leak and spill proof
- Drinks stay hot up to 7 hours or cold up to 18 with Thermalock vacuum insulation
- One handed drinking with the push of a button
- Easy clean lid opens completely for thorough cleaning and locks for added peace of mind
- Top rack dishwasher safe lid; Hand wash only stainless steel body
- 100 percent BPA free
- 2 Lids Included: Straw Lid & Flip Lid - An internally threaded insulated straw lid and insulated flip lid are included with your purchase; Patent pending
- Vacuum Insulated: Simple Modern Classic tumblers are double walled and vacuum insulated, which keeps your favorite beverage hot or cold for hours
- Premium 18/8 Stainless Steel: Tumbler is made from high-quality, food-grade 18/8 stainless steel and is coated in a durable finish
- Fits Most Cup Holders: The shape of all Classic tumblers will fit normal sized cup holders
- Why Simple Modern: Our Generosity & Excellence core principles lead us to sell quality products, partner with others, and donate over 10% of profits; US Patent Pending
- Snap seal lid technology is leak proof when closed for on the go activities
- Drinks stay hot up to 5 hours or cold up to 12 with THERMALOCK vacuum insulation
- Easy one handed drinking with a flip of the lid
- Fits most car cup holders for a no hassle commute
- Top rack dishwasher safe lid; hand wash only stainless steel body
- These Ramblers come standard with our YETI MagSlider Lid, the only drink lid that uses the power of magnets to keep your water, beer, or favorite drink on lock
- Our Ramblers are BPA-free, dishwasher safe, and have a No Sweat Design to make sure your hands stay dry
- Dracut is a durable coat of color that won't fade, peel, or crack through extended field use and also provide additional grip to the Rambler's exterior
- We over-engineered these double-wall insulated tumblers with an 18/8 stainless steel body, which means your drink still keeps its temperature no matter how much of a beating this cup takes
- The YETI 20 oz. Rambler Tumbler stands 6 7/8 in high and has a lip diameter of 3 1/2 in. All YETI Tumblers are sized to fit in standard sized cup holders
- Seal it in: leak- and spill-proof Travel mug thanks to AUTOSEAL lid
- For the long Haul: Stainless Steel double-wall vacuum insulation keeps drinks hot up to 5 hours or cold up to 12
- Lend a hand: one-handed drinking convenience on the go
- Lock it up: lock feature prevents accidental pressing of AUTOSEAL button
- Squeaky clean: underside of lid opens up for thorough cleaning
- Easy cleanup: top-rack dishwasher-safe body and lid
- Perfect fit: Fits most cup holders and under most single-serve brewers
- Peace of mind: all parts are BPA-free; Limited Lifetime
- Unlike traditional camp mugs, this double-wall vacuum-insulated body protects hands from hot or cold contents while keeping coffee, chili, oatmeal – you name it – well-insulated
- The mug’s wide opening means contents are easily accessible, but will cool quicker. That’s why the mug comes with the standard Rambler 30 oz. Lid
- The full-loop Triple Grip Handle is comfortable for wider hands, so you can fit your mitts fully around your morning joe
- YETI mugs are BPA-free, dishwasher safe, and have a No Sweat Design to make sure your hands stay dry. The tough Duracoat coating on the colored mugs won’t crack, peel or fade
- The YETI 14 oz. Rambler Mug stands 3 3/4 in high and has a lip diameter of 4 in, and with the handle its 5 inches wide
- Travel mug's snap seal lid technology is leakproof (when closed)
- Drinks stay hot up to 7 hours or cold up to 16 with THERMALOCK vacuum insulation
- Easy one-handed drinking with a flip of the lid
- Fits most car cup holders for a no-hassle commute
- Top-rack dishwasher-safe lid, hand-wash-only stainless steel body
- 100% BPA-free
- SEAL IT IN: Leak-proof lid when closed for on-the-go convenience. Snap up to drink, snap down to seal
- FOR THE LONG HAUL: Stainless steel double-wall vacuum insulation keeps drinks hot up to 6 hours or cold up to 12. Includes 2 Contigo insulated travel mugs
- LEND A HAND: One-handed drinking with no lids or caps to remove or misplace
- PERFECT FIT: These reusable travel mugs for coffee and tea fit most cup holders and under most single-serve brewers
- EASY CLEANUP: For best results, hand-wash all parts
- Drinks stay hot up to 6 hours or cold up to 24 thanks to dual-wall vacuum-insulated stainless steel
- Lid designed for a perfect-flow drinking experience and includes a lock to prevent leaks
- Silicone base keeps mug from sliding across hard surfaces or clanking against metal
- Top-rack dishwasher-safe; not for use in microwave
- Guaranteed for life
- One-piece leak-proof lid backed by Rubbermaid leak-proof Guarantee
- Double-wall vacuum insulation keeps Beverage hot up to 5 hours or cold for 10 hours
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior resists stains and odors; Travel mug is BPA-free
- Travel mug Fits most mini single-serve brewers and car cup holders
- Top-rack dishwasher safe
What a coffee travel mug is and how it can be used
A coffee travel mug is simply an insulating container that can be used for storing liquids. The best coffee travel mug will increase the time during which the temperature of its contents remains hot or cold.
Usually, coffee travel mugs are used in different situations such as travel and excursions. You can also use the highly regarded coffee travel mugs in the office or in classes. Coffee travel mugs are designed in a unique way such that they isolate the inside of the container from the external environment.
In most cases, the internal part of the coffee travel mug is manufactured with stainless steel. Stainless steel has proved to be the perfect material for making coffee travel mug simply because it does not alter the flavor of the content inside.
Additionally, it is not scratched. You will have an easy time cleaning the coffee travel mug.
How the coffee travel mug keeps the temperature of the drink it contains
The coffee travel mug comes with a technology that maintains the content at its ideal temperature. The vacuum insulation is very crucial on that matter. Most coffee travel mugs have a double wall. The double wall features two layers without air between each other. That is how the coffee travel mug prevents the ambient temperature from changing.
There are different things that determine whether the liquid inside the coffee travel mug will remain hot or cold. The material used to make the travel mug, thickness, and depth of the walls are some of the most crucial factors that greatly influence the coldness of the liquid.
Time the coffee travel mug keeps the temperature
Most coffee travel mugs can keep the temperature constant in the mug for a period of four to eighteen hours. However, it depends on the model of the travel mug you purchase. In other words, we can describe it as the period in which coffee, juice, and water will remain at the optimal temperature. In the past, travel mugs have been used more for hot drinks than cold ones. The reason behind this is that heat in these popular containers is kept for a long period of time than the cold.
Ways these mugs guarantee tightness
The coffee travel mug must be airtight for it to maintain the optimum temperature. Less external cold means that the contents inside the container will be preserved well. Although it depends on the brand of the coffee travel mug and its mode, there are three different ways of isolating the liquid inside. In this section, we will take a close look at these methods.
It is the best method that preserves the temperature. It has been used for a long time. Normally, this type of insulation consists of a double metal layer between the two walls. It is good to know that it is the coating that retains the internal temperature and also heats. The external temperature is prevented from passing inside the container.
It is worth noting that air insulation is the cheapest method. Over the years, air insulation has been used for thematic cups and glasses. You will find some air in between the two walls. The function of this is to isolate the liquid it contains. Keep in mind that it is not the best option if you want to keep the heat for a long time. You can use it if you often go for short journeys.
You might have heard of this type of insulation. It involves inserting a layer of foam between the two walls of the travel mug. The internal temperature will be maintained for a long time. Additionally, cold from the outside will never be able to penetrate. People prefer this type of insulation since it can keep the drink warm for several hours.
The best material for a coffee travel mug
Stainless steel and plastic are the two most common materials that have been used to make coffee travel mugs. You will also come across some coffee travel mugs manufactured with glass and ceramic material.
A number of experts have discovered that stainless steel is the most suitable material. The reason behind this is that it maintains heat for longer. It is also difficult to break a coffee travel mug manufactured with stainless steel material. Furthermore, stainless steel coffee travel mug does not transmit odors or flavors to the liquid it contains.
On the other hand, plastic coffee travel mugs are less expensive. However, they will keep the temperature of the contents inside for less time. Also, they are less resistant and harmful to the environment.
Ceramic coffee travel mugs have been gaining a lot of popularity in the last couple of years. Besides being delicate, they will barely retain heat. Therefore, it is advisable to avoid purchasing such types of coffee travel mugs. That is the reason why stainless steel mugs are the favorites of the consumers.
How to choose the best coffee travel mug
There is no doubt that you would want to brighten up your day with a hot sip of coffee. You will come across numerous coffee travel mugs in the market. The number of models is much more. There are a few things you should look at if you want to land the best coffee travel mugs in the market. We have compiled some crucial factors you should never forget anytime you are buying a coffee travel mug.
Temperature retaining capacity
It is important to choose a coffee travel mug with good insulation. It is arguably the greatest asset when it comes to keeping coffee hot or cold for good hours. Kindly avoid flimsy coffee travel mug if you do not want to struggle in short distances. You will find numerous coffee travel mugs that employ the same working principles as those utilized by full size thermos. You can attest that everyone does not need extremely high retention.
If you have been searching for something that can be used for shorter commutes, then you do not have to purchase a costly product. All that is required on your side is to choose the vacuum insulated stainless steel travel mug according to your needs. Your preferences should be a crucial factor when making your choices.
Leak proof and handles
Well-constructed coffee travel mugs boast of lid design. The lid design will not only resist spills but also leaks. You might have seen some coffee travel mugs that are not leak proof. Such types of coffee travel mugs cannot be carried in travel bags.
It is important to know that leak proof coffee travel mugs are manufactured as mini thermos bottles. Most manufacturers include a screw top or something similar to it. Therefore, you will not be required to carry them upright every time you are traveling. However, you should choose the specific coffee travel mug depending on your traveling style.
Furthermore, you should consider looking at the design when selecting the right coffee travel mug for your needs. Look whether the specific coffee travel mug has been made with a handle that can fit properly in your hand.
Some coffee travel mugs models are manufactured with materials that may cause burn after coming in contact with the skin. For instance, coffee travel mugs manufactured with glass materials have hold strips. Such types of coffee travel mugs can be dangerous especially if you touch them accidentally. It would be better if you consider this factor if you are gawky.
The perfect size of your coffee travel mug should depend on the amount of coffee you drink in the morning. An extra small coffee travel mug might be disappointing especially if you are one of those people who prepare a whole coffee pot.
On the other hand, large coffee travel mugs will not be the perfect choice if you like sipping a moderate amount of coffee. You will always have a hard time carrying such types of coffee travel mugs.
You can agree with me that affordability is a crucial consideration that everyone should look at when purchasing anything. When purchasing the best coffee travel mugs, you will come across a wide price range. An expensive coffee travel mug does not mean that it must be good.
This is the right time to avoid the flimsy options of the mug and look for a durable product. Eventually, there are numerous options available out in the market. Most of these mugs will suit your needs perfectly.
Easy to clean
If you have been lucky to use coffee travel mugs in the past, then you can attest that it is not always possible to clean them properly between uses. You may not want to throw away your coffee travel mug after using it for some months. Avoid going for coffee travel mugs that give you a hard time to get rid of the hard stink of milk stains or old coffee.
It is important to purchase a coffee travel mug that is manufactured with good material that does not stain if you are a regular user of coffee travel mugs. If you find a coffee travel mug that allows machine washing, then things will be far much better.
Durability is a crucial factor that you should not ignore when choosing a coffee travel mug. The best coffee travel mug should be able to last for many years. Nowadays, most people prefer going for coffee travel mugs that can survive a few bumps. Materials such as plastics may lose their capability to retain heat over time. With that in mind, you should make your decision wisely.
Choosing the right design
There are several coffee drinkers who look at the design or the look of the coffee travel mug. On the other hand, some people look at seeking mugs with certain sayings and connections. You can find coffee travel mugs with a solid color. While some people prefer purchasing coffee travel mugs with interesting patterns, other people like those with colorful designs.
Away from that, there have emerged coffee travel mugs with different characters from popular movies and television shows. Furthermore, it can be a lot of fun to drink from novelty coffee travel mugs. However, you should not purchase such types of travel mugs if you are often in the workplace.
Advantages and disadvantages of purchasing a coffee travel mug
The good characteristics that come with coffee travel mugs make it the best ally for those people who have been looking for good ways to bring their favorite coffee. As a regular coffee drinker, a coffee travel mug will allow you to keep the concentration high while at the same time having a productive day.
However, just like any other object available in the market, coffee travel mugs also come with several drawbacks. It is said that coffee travel mugs break easily. Additionally, they are very small. This means that your drink gets cold very fast. Furthermore, not every coffee travel mug will be useful if you want to take coffee with you. Some of these models are not made to be durable.
As we said earlier, there are multiple coffee travel mugs models in the market. If you really want to get the right mug for your needs, then you must make your final decision wisely. We hope that this article will help you in the future.